Working jailbreak with cydia for iOS 8 tomorrow

Xavier23 -
mixedmartialfarts -
jackbone - You guys realize these people are stealing your data right? You think they do this out of the goodness of their heart? Phone Post 3.0

sauce?

None. He doesn't know what he's talking about Phone Post 3.0
There is NO WAY I would trust a jailbreak that came from a Chinese source.

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/article/543400/mysterious_malware_steals_apple_credentials_from_jailbroken_ios_devices/ Phone Post 3.0

Cant get it to work. Restored from back and follow all the steps, Pangu says it is unable to retrieve jailbreak resources. fun

Hunter Thompson's .45 - 
Submissable - Cant get it to work. Restored from back and follow all the steps, Pangu says it is unable to retrieve jailbreak resources. fun
Did you do the most recent update by wifi or hooked up directly to your computer? It must be hooked up to your computer when you did your last iOS update.

Also, make sure to unenable Find My IPhone and turn your phone on Airplane mode while JBing to make it go faster. Phone Post 3.0

I did the update via computer. And I did make sure to turn find my iPhone off and airplane mode.

The one thing I have left to try I think is to do a complete restore to factory settings. When I watched one of the videos on the pangu jailbreak the demonstrator had restored back to factory settings.

Yup, I outlined the steps above and they worked.
1.) backup with iTunes to PC
2.) restore device to factory settings via iTunes
3.) update device to 8.1
4.) turn off Find and Airplane on
5.) Run Pangu
6.) Restore backup Phone Post 3.0

mixedmartialfarts -
jackbone - You guys realize these people are stealing your data right? You think they do this out of the goodness of their heart? Phone Post 3.0

sauce?

My source is common sense....what in the world makes you think a group of Chinese crackers would release something like this completely free of charge? Phone Post 3.0

^^Im gonna try it. Got a slow end to my day at work.

The pirate bay is another example. 90 % of the software on there is plagued by malware. They take legit software, repackage it with a Trojan horse or what have you and post it on the pirate bay. People who don't know any better download it. Phone Post 3.0

jackbone - 
mixedmartialfarts -

sauce?

My source is common sense....what in the world makes you think a group of Chinese crackers would release something like this completely free of charge? Phone Post 3.0

Hackers have been releasing free softmods, firmware updates, modding info and other hacks for misc hardware for a long time now.  Release groups have been dumping games, ripping movies, and releasing cracked software for a long time.  History disagrees with your "common sense" idea that people are unwilling to release something without personal gain... just look at the Dreamcast, Xbox, Xbox 360, Direct TV, Wii, and fuckloads of other systems that have been compromised because of free tools provided to the public by the hacking community.

I'm not saying that the jailbroken ios' are safe, just that your logic is deeply flawed given the history of technology and the hacking community.  Awesome shit like emulators wouldn't exist if your "common sense" logic is applied across the board.

Still cant get it to work. I have jailbroke my last 2 iphones including this one and for some reason it just wont go through the Pangu process. Ill have to try and figure it out some other time. Tried factory restore, tried the restore from back up. Pangu just wont start the process.

Hunter Thompson's .45 - 
Submissable - Still cant get it to work. I have jailbroke my last 2 iphones including this one and for some reason it just wont go through the Pangu process. Ill have to try and figure it out some other time. Tried factory restore, tried the restore from back up. Pangu just wont start the process.
Is it on a windows pc?

I can't think of why it won't work. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah Im on Windows. Its weird, I cant figure it out either. I have came across a few people online who have had the same problem but it doesnt seem like anyone has figured out why. Ill try again tomorrow

Stupid question probably but will I be able to revert back to iOS 7 if I jailbreak? Phone Post 3.0

antifret - Stupid question probably but will I be able to revert back to iOS 7 if I jailbreak? Phone Post 3.0
No, Apple stopped signing for 7.1.2 so once you update you won't be able to go back Phone Post 3.0

Hunter Thompson's .45 -
jackbone -
mixedmartialfarts -

sauce?

It isn't free of charge. There's a whole community that benefits and makes transactions amongst itself. I'm positive that you have zero idea what you're talking about.

Pangu did the last JB too. Before that it was Evasi0n. Before that redsn0w. They aren't stealing your data, they're unlocking your iPhone. What you're saying doesn't even make sense. Phone Post 3.0
I would say that most JB devs are not out to push malware, but based on the link I posted and the fact that the Chinese govt makes the NSA look like choirboys when it comes to hacking ethics, it's highly likely that any Chinese devs are being controlled to some degree by the China's Advanced Persistent Threat Unit. Phone Post 3.0

Any cool tweaks I should download? Phone Post 3.0

Hunter Thompson's .45 -
Xavier23 - Any cool tweaks I should download? Phone Post 3.0
All I have is Dockshift, Eclipse 2, HideMe8 and Zepplin.

I check Reddit often and it seems the tweaks are being slowly updated. I'm still waiting on the good ones. Phone Post 3.0
Vu, I did this last night but haven't added anything yet. Phone Post 3.0

I have betterfiveicondock and better fivecolumnhomescreen, f.lux, exkey (adds a town of numbers to the keyboard), and handykey (keyboard gets compressed and shifts to the left or right for easier one handed typing)
Oh and noslowanimations! Make your phone feel fast as shit Phone Post 3.0

I like having five columns
Phone Post 3.0

http://repo.insanelyi.com for betterfiveicondock and betterfivecolumnhomescreen Phone Post 3.0

Looks pretty fucking sick man. Phone Post 3.0

And what theme is that? Those icons look great Phone Post 3.0