Working out first thing in the morning?

How safe is it to work out first thing after waking up. Like rolling out of bed and slamming out a bunch of push ups. Is that a recipe for a heart attack or is it fine? Phone Post 3.0

RIP Phone Post 3.0

One wrong move and it will feel as if Scotty beamed your insides into space

I've heard wait an hour after waking before resistance training in order to get your joints lubed up.

Maybe sinovial fluid related?

At least stretch first. I usually go for a run about an hour after i get up. Just make sure you workout before your first meal and your good. Phone Post 3.0

I'm generally in the gym within 15-20 mins of waking up. Only ever go in the morning as it's too busy there otherwise.

Still alive, FYI

Bootsy Collins - I'm generally in the gym within 15-20 mins of waking up. Only ever go in the morning as it's too busy there otherwise.

Still alive, FYI

Me too.

I'm a "morning person" and never had any problems.  Even if I wait an hour or two before heading to the gym I don't notice any difference between that and rolling out of bed and into the gym.

There is absolutely nothing dangerous about exercising right after waking up. Just warm up before starting with some dynamic stretching and light calisthenics to warm your body up to avoid injury.

One thing to keep in mind is that you haven't eaten yet so you're body does not have the same fuel as a later workout. This will affect your performance during strenuous exercise.

OneGloveJimmerson - One wrong move and it will feel as if Scotty beamed your insides into space
Phone Post 3.0

HossPearson - 
OneGloveJimmerson - One wrong move and it will feel as if Scotty beamed your insides into space
Phone Post 3.0

LOL. nice quote, That scene had me cracking up. 

Not sure if serious, but if you're at risk of heart attack with strenuous exercise in the morning, you are probably at risk with strenuous exercise at any time of the day.

But yeah make sure you warm up properly as with any exercise after being still for so long. Phone Post 3.0

PhallusOfMaliace - At least stretch first. I usually go for a run about an hour after i get up. Just make sure you workout before your first meal and your good. Phone Post 3.0

Why before the first meal?