Working Out While Sick

Do you guys know if it has been shown that working out while you are sick with a cold negatively effects you and makes the cold even worse? I had the sniffles and a sore throat yesterday, but I still did my strength training and Taku's Intervals because I did not want to get off schedule. Today, I feel weaker and a cough has been added to my other symptoms. However, in the past I've worked out while I've been sick and afterwards I felt as if I "sweated out" the cold because I felt so much better. Is there any rhyme or reason to this? Thanks!

I believe in the working out while your sick to get it out also. However, you dont want to train as hard as you would in a normal day. Because after all, you are sick and your body is weaker so you could cause more damage than is already there. Train light, eat good, sleep a lot and drink a lot of liquids.

Calbert, I know just what you mean. I hate not training hard, but when your sick you have to give your body the time it needs to recover. If you still "have to train", then train lightly and make sure you are eating the right things that will help boost your immune system. And remember to drink heaps and heaps of water. Also you might like to take the oppourtunity to work out your mind whilst your body is resting. Visualization training is a good start.

Thanks both of you for the advice!

Any time

stop sneezing bitch! And stop training! Time to start back at week 1...hehehe
Jaz and I are just haters