Workout/Dietary Info and help

okay guys, i've been a longtime OG/UG/ and SC guy here. The advice is always killer. But, right now, i'm looking for something that's different.

Currently, i do the following exercise.

Day 1: Chest/Triceps
Day 2: Back/Biceps
Day 3: Shoulders/Legs
Day 4: Cardio Day

Now, currently, i think i need to actually get a good workout routine for both cardio and weight gain. Also, any supplement advice cause currently, i am taking nothing. I'm just trying to eat healthy and stay active.

I was looking at John Stone's Fitness site and that got me intreged. I have never done the HIIT training, but i have done stuff like scrapper's routine. I guess what i'm saying is that does anyone have a routine that works for them off hand and any supplement advice. I want to transform myself back into very very good shape and I'm a young chap (21 y.o.). So, i want to push myself to get into very good shape and physique.

Any advice?

Check out CrossFit (crossfit.com) as well as Taku's intervals and, as you mentioned, Scrapper's stuff.

i have had a great time with CrossFit training combined with the Zone and Paleo diets. The only supplements i take is wild salmon oil. Make sure your diet is in order before playing around with supplements, anyway. The basics: lean mean, fish, seafood, vegetables, nuts and seed, some fruit, little starch, no sugar.

Oh, and routine is the last thing you need. One of the keys to success in S&C is variation.

Hope this helps.

john

yeah, i'm really trying to cut down the sugar. I'm only going to try to get it from natural occuring ones like fruits and maybe powerade. That's about it.

Taku's intervals, eh?

How about lifting routines?

man, i was checking out the paleo diet. That's fucken hardcore dude.

Yeah, the Paleo diet is pretty extreme. The gist of it, though, is what i mentioned before: lean meat, fish, seafood, vegetables, nuts and seed, some fruit, little starch, no sugar.

For lifting routines, this depends on what your goals are. CrossFit is a GPP (General Physical Preparedness) program. This means that it is intended to develop a well rounded fitness, covering recognized markers of fitness: strength, power, speed, stamina, endurance, coordination, agility, balance, accuracy, and flexibility. If for some reason you need to focus more on one or two specific areas (strength, for example), then there are other approaches that you can encorporate into your GPP program.

For strength, i've played with Dan John's OLAD (One Lift A Day) program (check out his article on T-Nation) but only for a little. Others have had some pretty good success with it. Other folks have also mentioned the WestSide Barbell approach and WSFSB (WestSide For Skinny Bastards) as being good programs.

My thoughts are to start with something like CrossFit for your GPP and see how it goes. Depending on where you are now, you will in all likelyhood gain strength in addition to some killer stamina and endurance. If you still find that you need to beef up one or two areas, then you might want to look to something like OLAD or WSFSB.

Hope this helps.

john

(edited for spelling)

Can't seem to give up the kool-aid...that's the downfall of my diet.

any site recommendations for the workout routines?

ttt for supplement help,

thanks