Workplace injuries... tell your stories

Yesterday my buddy fucked himself up and had to get 20 stitches in his armpit. He fell from 8 ft up and went to catch himself on a 2×4 brace but it snapped and he gauged his armpit with the lumber Phone Post 3.0

Herniated disc picking up a fatso from the ground. Fire dept Phone Post 3.0

its in my thread "almost died but..."

The last one I had wasn't too bad but I was driving the anchor spike for a medium size stump grinder with a 20lb sledgehammer and my dumb ass coworker decided to bump it forward right as I was hitting it which made me miss the spike completely and catch the front part of my ankle.. fucked me up for a few weeks and still have a knot there Phone Post 3.0

I got stabbed in the temple with a banding strap at Lowe's. It was coiled up in a stack of 2x4's. When I moved one of the pieces of wood it sprung up and hit me in the temple at a angle and went in 3 inches. Blood was pouring out like hot tomato soup. I was walking through the store around closing time trying to keep from spraying blood on everyone while applying pressure and repeating the mantra "fuck, fuck, fuck...". Found a ice pack in the fridge and had my manager almost faint while I asked to leave to go to the ER I was covering in blood from head to toe. All they did was glue it shut, gave me a tetanus shot and a few percs. It hurt like hell the next day after it swelled up. Missed my right eye by a few inches.

Worked in a truss shop, was cleaning inside the saw and stood up too fast directly into a blade and cracked the top of my head on a couple teeth.  Puncture wounds were minimal and didn't bleed much but there was a bit of spray from when I clipped it and some skin and hair stuck to it.  Looked brutal but wasn't even a concussion.

Worked on the line the rest of the day lol.

Got my middle finger scooped up and jammed in between a round and the access unit of the 20mm gun system. Nail still doesn't grow right after 18 years Phone Post

Guy was sitting cross legged shooting a 50cal in the marines. He forgot to check the headspace and timing and by the time he noticed something was wrong he had sprayed shrapnel from 5 bullet casings into his groin area, still makes me cringe when I think of the bloody mess. Phone Post 3.0

hendofanforlife - 

have seen lots of incidents go unreported after it was pointed out that workers comp drug tests lol

I watched a guy trying to pull down a steel entrydoor with a 12 ft ladder at Lowe's. He flipped over the rails and landed on top of the door which he still had his hands on. Crushed the shit out of his knuckles. He was a known drunk and didn't want to let anyone know about it. The skins was hanging off his fingers and he had to have broken a few of them.

Idiots employees fucking up at the cannabis club got on my last nerve and the rage took over. I stormed outside and threw a single Hellbow\forearm into a large wooden pillar with waaaay more force than I'd likely ever thrown a strike in all my days of boxing and kickboxing. It hurt like never before. Huge golfball swelling appeared just below the elbow on my forearm. Couldn't bend it normally or workout for a long time. 6 years later and it hurts every time i rest that part of my arm on anything. Good bit of scar tissue there. The rage is real. Lol

17 working on machinery you had to be 18 to work on at little Caesars. Floor was wet with no wet sign posted, slipped and fucked up my back. Messed up disk, sciatic nerve fucked up. All proved by MRI.

Not one of those sue happy people, but should of sued them. it's really fucked up my quality of life. Phone Post 3.0

Sub I got one for later Phone Post 3.0

Irishyouwould - 17 working on machinery you had to be 18 to work on at little Caesars. Floor was wet with no wet sign posted, slipped and fucked up my back. Messed up disk, sciatic nerve fucked up. All proved by MRI.

Not one of those sue happy people, but should of sued them. it's really fucked up my quality of life. Phone Post 3.0

What's the statute of limitations on that? Any way you can still sue?

Saiga12 - I got stabbed in the temple with a banding strap at Lowe's. It was coiled up in a stack of 2x4's. When I moved one of the pieces of wood it sprung up and hit me in the temple at a angle and went in 3 inches. Blood was pouring out like hot tomato soup. I was walking through the store around closing time trying to keep from spraying blood on everyone while applying pressure and repeating the mantra "fuck, fuck, fuck...". Found a ice pack in the fridge and had my manager almost faint while I asked to leave to go to the ER I was covering in blood from head to toe. All they did was glue it shut, gave me a tetanus shot and a few percs. It hurt like hell the next day after it swelled up. Missed my right eye by a few inches.
Buddy from work lost his eye this way. Phone Post 3.0

There was a guy drilling down into concrete with a big diamond wet bit out at one of the mines around here. His hard hat fell off and as he bent down to grab it his long hair fell down and got caught in the drill. Ripped off part of his ear and his entire scalp. He picked it up and carried it to the nearest coworker blood running down his face like a waterfall.

A few hundred stitches and some plastic surgery andhe was almost as good as new Phone Post 3.0

Some dumbass labourer I work with threw an airline my way. The air in the hose kept it from falling the way you would expect, as it unkinked, the metal fitting on the end of it smashed me above my eye. Nearly shattered my god damn orbital. Started bleeding straight away and swelled up like a motherfucker after an hour.

It definitely hurt but I was fine to work, they wouldn't let me.. Think it was sort of a bad look if a customer or insurance company guy (they come to inspect our work) walked into the shop. Today I have a wad of scar tissue where it hit me. Starting to get that Nick Diaz thing going on, lol. Phone Post 3.0

Shinsplint - There was a guy drilling down into concrete with a big diamond wet bit out at one of the mines around here. His hard hat fell off and as he bent down to grab it his long hair fell down and got caught in the drill. Ripped off part of his ear and his entire scalp. He picked it up and carried it to the nearest coworker blood running down his face like a waterfall.

A few hundred stitches and some plastic surgery andhe was almost as good as new Phone Post 3.0
Holy shit Phone Post 3.0

Took the tip of my thumb off using a meat slicer.
Always use the guard Phone Post 3.0

Vicious paper cut.

Buddy of mine always wore long sleeve shirts. One day he comes over wearing a t-shirt and his arm is fucked up. Worst scarring I have ever seen. He said he used to work construction. One day he was by a excavator that was digging up a ditch. There was a huge steel cable buried under ground that got pulled up and degloved his arm from the elbow down. They managed to get most of it back on.