Works in Rings KOK?

Were there any works in the KOK fights? I just finally watched the blocks, not just the matches and I was surprised that even some of the matches that I thought would be works, turned out to be legit... Such as Tamura vs. Jeliazkov.

I didn't think any of the fights looked suspicious. Some of the judging was pretty suspect though.

Robin.

tamura vs. renzo was a work.

trust me.

i agree with the legit matches with shaddy judging theory, i've watched all the blocks from both years and all the fights seem legit, but lotsa bizare judging and quick stoppages (ie Sauer/Kopylov) but maybe i'm just not used to KOK scoring or refereeing

Evil is incorrect

Winston Wolf is correct.

The scoring in KOK was really odd, so...

I was just surprised considering how many hardcore workers were in that event and none of the fights look fishy!

As far as I know, Nothing in that Tourney was a work. I'll e-mail Dave Meltzer and see what he has to say about it.

ttt

I've learned to never trust anyone who says "trust me".

Robin.

dude. I got some info from a very credible source that tamura/renzo was a one sided work. Not only that ishizawa vs. ryan 2 was a work as well.

you guys don't know what kind of shit they do in japan. especially the bastard gracie cousins like renzo/ryan.. they would have no problem being involved in a work.

also for people who know me here.. you guys like to label me a jap fighter nuthugger. so what's my motivation here? I'm just relaying the truth to you guys.

Tamura / Renzo was not a work, one sided or other. Your source is incorrect.

Rings KOK may have had some controversial scoring and judging (Hendo v. Nog), but not pre determined worked outcomes.

EVILYOSHIDA - stop the trolling.

I don't think Tamura/Renzo was a work as much as Renzo not being able to put away a superior athlete and tiring himself out, i don't even think the judges desicion was bad in that fight either

"Tamura / Renzo was not a work, one sided or other. Your source is incorrect.
Rings KOK may have had some controversial scoring and judging (Hendo v. Nog), but not pre determined worked outcomes.

EVILYOSHIDA - stop the trolling. "

how do you know that? My source is a former judge in a very significant MMA event in japan.

why would i troll about this? I trust the guy. He's got the credentials and he knows the MMA scene in japan well.

If my source is lying.. then so be it. I really do hope that it is true, cuz then Sakuraba would be the first fighter to beat a gracie. ;)

you see the hypocrisy on this forum? What sources do you guys have to prove that coleman/takada was a work? none.

but that is accepted.

i'm going by as much proof as most of your work-callers are going by. hearsay.

'My source is a former judge in a very significant MMA event in japan'

Thats the hardest part to tell if its work or not in Japan because In event like KOK or Pride, it is fatal if the work is ever exposed in public. Generally, a booker(promoter) and 2 fighters are only ones to know. I do not think Renzo has ever swallowed worked match. Even your source believed its worked match, he may not really know the truth of fact.
Hope time would tell though.

I've learned not to believe people with unnamed "credible sources".

Robin.

It does, and Nog gets on top and mounts Hendo, beating on him

That proves you have no idea how they scored in Rings. Position means nothing in Rings KOK>

There was no 'beating' on him, ground and pound is all but worthless in rings because you can't headshot at all additionally, I think I saw less than 10 ground shots thrown by Mino.

It was a close fight, that's why it went to overtime, but Henderson won by Rings Rules.

hey guys.. I never said it was the truth.. but i heard it from a former judge. no names. Once I name names that gets me into trouble.

take it for what it is. those of you who know me on the forum know that I rarely try to make japanese fighters look bad, but i'm pretty convinced that tamura/renzo and ishizawa/ryan 2 were worked.

you guys know that ishizawa's purorseu career went down to shit after that first loss to ryan. it was absolutely imperative that he redeem himself or his whole career would have been over.