WORLD MIDDLEWEIGHT RANKINGS

Why is Baroni even on this list??...

"Busta subbed Matt twice in one match & has only lost at 205. Matt has done nothing to be ranked above Busta."

"Minowa was OFFICIALLY RANKED top 10 when Almeida beat him."

"Why is Baroni even on this list??..."

"Murray's wins against Pele and Jorge Rivera(not even top 20) put him up there, #8? I don't think so. Those are his biggest wins.
Who has Miller beat, bigger names that the ones Almeida beat? Put the pipe down.
Dustin Denes record? More impressive than Almeida's? Talk about wins against punching bags..."

Matt's record since he lost to Busta: 4-1

included in those fights are...

-a fluke KO loss to Vitale(in the rematch he totally dominated Vitale)

-he beat Baroni (a guy that KO'd the former champ, Menne, and KO'd Suloev...pretty impressive for a guy you say shouldnt be ranked top ten!).

- he also beat Ivan Salaverry(the guy that dismantled Semenov)

-his most recent win is over the tough and always dangerous, Anthony Fryklund (who also had a good record against tough opponents).

Busta's record since he beat Lindland: 0-2

-even though he fought at a higher weight, you dont stay at #1 by NOT winning!?! Besides, it's not fair to Lindland when he has done nothing but WIN at 185!

the OFFICIAL PANCRASE RANKINGS dont mean much...most of their fighters have WAY too many fights to stay on top. That's why i call them "punching bags"...they'll all be has-beens before long fighting that often...and many against much bigger opposition.

Not all of them mind you but, most of them.

Why is Baroni on the list?

not to be rundundant but...

Baroni (a guy that KO'd the former champ, Menne, and KO'd Suloev...pretty impressive for a guy you say shouldnt be ranked top ten!).

you asked me if i didnt like Almeida? I have nothing personal against any fighter...but if there was one i would have anything against for his character it would most definately be Baroni...nuff said

You say Rivera wasnt even top 20?

-he beat David Loiseau who had won 5 in a row including wins over name opponents like; Weir, Fryklund, Jesse Jones & Doerksen.

Phillip Miller hasnt beat a lot of name guys but...he is undeafeated and has beat at least one former top ten fighter. I will admit i had him too high and he will drop like a rock if he doesnt beat a top guy soon!

Dustin Denes...to tell you the truth, i dont know how he made my top ten...so there, i admit another mistake. He'll also drop down next listing...most likely WAY down.

since his loss to Semenov, Almeida has a record of: 5-0...nice but not against top opposition.

Misaki was his only big win at 185lb....(Marquardt is a welterweight)

Almeida is very good and if he can win against a top fighter at his weight once more he will most likely move up...i would say he belongs above Salaverry with one more win...but his loss against Semenov was what has kept him down...and wins, mostly against PANCRASE club fighters(no matter HOW well known), isnt enough to convince me he deserves top ten.

I never bragged and said my rankings were perfect...i am always open to your opinions and advice.

But i will let you know that i do as much research as i can on each fighter before deciding their rank.

I also look at who-beat-who and HOW they win...whether it was a close split dec. win or a KO or a total domination dec. win.

It isnt easy keeping track of so many fighters and i DO appreciate when you guys help me out with additional info.!

But i cant stand it when you act so friggen immature and make personal attacks every time. That irritates me and then i say things back at you...which i do not mean but i did do a lot of work to make these rankings and it would be nice if someone could say something nice once in awhile and not always critical.

If i come on here and act like i dont need any advice then i could see you talking the way you do...but, i am always open to new info. and even encourage you to let me know about fighters i might have overlooked.

One reason i rank so many is to give them exposure...i have no alterior motive...i simply enjoy this sport and have fun doing this. If i can help a fighter to get a little more exposure and maybe get a call from a promoter then i'm glad for it.

Just know that i dont mean to seem arrogant...i'm just one of you too.

I personally appreciate the efoort braddahshano808. 90% of posts aren't so well thought out.

Yeah I should have said "thanks, and good job" before making my comments. I always click on these posts and read them. There is no way you can get anyone to agree on anything on here but you do a great job af impartially ranking the fighters. Keep up the good work!

keep in mind also...most ranking systems are not done by one person...

most are voted upon by several people and maintained by more than one person...or at least someone that has MUCH more time to dedicate to them.

i try as best as i can to make the rankings fair and accurate...they will get better with time...and with all your guys help...thanks!

LOL @ Horn not being there...

".but his loss against Semenov was what has kept him down"

You're doing a very good job when you rank a fighter based on ONE LOSS that happened 2 years ago!

If that's the way you want to go about it, your champ Lindland loss recently and your boy Baroni has been beat 3 times on his past 3 fights.

"Misaki was his only big win at 185lb....(Marquardt is a welterweight) "

So would you mind telling me at what weight he won the MW belt, cause last I checked he fought Nathan Marquardt at 185lbs, FOR THE MW BELT!

"Baroni (a guy that KO'd the former champ, Menne, and KO'd Suloev...pretty impressive for a guy you say shouldnt be ranked top ten!). "

When Baroni beat Menne, Menne's record was 2-2 on his past 4 fights(2-3 after Baroni). According to your ranking system, shouldn't Menne be way down as a contender, not a champ? How does that win put Baroni
as top 10?

"the OFFICIAL PANCRASE RANKINGS dont mean much"

I'm talking about officially ranked at MMA Weekly, ADCC, MMA Ranks ( once again, which has him as #1 MW statisticaly). Not Pancrase. If you want to go by the Pancrase ranking, he not only is the champion as a MW ( 185), but he's also #2 contender as light heavy,(199). He's been behind Kikuta and Kondo for over a year now.

Could you please also explain how Miller makes your top 10 list, whilst guys like Horn stay out? Let's take a look at Miller's record.
You want to tell me that's what you call beating big names to deserve a spot? You contradict yourself when you call that a great record and completely ignore Almeida's victories.

Regarding Bustamante, you said he's 0-2 on his past two fights. Wrong, he's 0-1, because Rampage doesn't fight at 185. That puts Busta exactly where Lindland stands, being that Lindland loss to Vitale. Based on what you take the #1 spot away from Busta, I don't know. Maybe you should take that away from him after Lindland beats him, being that they both still fight.

I wasn't going to say anything, but when you said people just talk without any research done, I felt like maybe you are the one ignoring the facts.

HORN !!!!

no way in hell is Baroni top 10 and Almeida or Horn and a host of others are barely on the fringe. Sorry to say, but that's a SERIOUS insult.

Hunter V is correct.

"but he's also #2 contender as light heavy,(199). He's been behind Kikuta and Kondo for over a year now."

Ricardo was originally going to fight Kikuta, but Pancrase made him drop weight to fight Marquart instead because they didn't want another foreigner as champ. Weird that they'd think an unranked guy could take Kikuta.

braddahshano808 = Dana???????

well, they both ignore horn......

1. almeida is top 5

2. miller?

3. dave terrell is top 5

There's also one more thing...when you started your thread, this is what you wrote:

WORLD MIDDLEWEIGHT RANKINGS (as of 5/8/04)

MIDDLEWEIGHTS 171 - 185 pounds

WORLD CHAMPION: vacant

UFC CHAMPION: vacant

PRIDE CHAMPION: vacant

SHOOTO CHAMPION: Masanori Suda (SHOOTO LHW Champ)

PANCRASE CHAMPION: Ricardo Almeida (PANCRASE MW Champ)

I assume you just ranked your top 5 events as well, otherwise they wouldn't be worth mentioning. How can you ignore one of their champs a top ten fighter?

With all due respect, you also said...

"I never bragged and said my rankings were perfect...i am always open to your opinions and advice. "

If you're really open to opinions and advice, we just gave you something to think about. Not that it matters, being that your rankings aren't official, but looks like we both have enough free time in our hands to go over those things.

".but his loss against Semenov was what has kept him down"
You're doing a very good job when you rank a fighter based on ONE LOSS that happened 2 years ago!
If that's the way you want to go about it, your champ Lindland loss recently and your boy Baroni has been beat 3 times on his past 3 fights.
"Misaki was his only big win at 185lb....(Marquardt is a welterweight) "
So would you mind telling me at what weight he won the MW belt, cause last I checked he fought Nathan Marquardt at 185lbs, FOR THE MW BELT!
"Baroni (a guy that KO'd the former champ, Menne, and KO'd Suloev...pretty impressive for a guy you say shouldnt be ranked top ten!). "
When Baroni beat Menne, Menne's record was 2-2 on his past 4 fights(2-3 after Baroni). According to your ranking system, shouldn't Menne be way down as a contender, not a champ? How does that win put Baroni as top 10?
"the OFFICIAL PANCRASE RANKINGS dont mean much"
I'm talking about officially ranked at MMA Weekly, ADCC, MMA Ranks ( once again, which has him as #1 MW statisticaly). Not Pancrase. If you want to go by the Pancrase ranking, he not only is the champion as a MW ( 185), but he's also #2 contender as light heavy,(199). He's been behind Kikuta and Kondo for over a year now.
Could you please also explain how Miller makes your top 10 list, whilst guys like Horn stay out? Let's take a look at Miller's record. You want to tell me that's what you call beating big names to deserve a spot? You contradict yourself when you call that a great record and completely ignore Almeida's victories.
Regarding Bustamante, you said he's 0-2 on his past two fights. Wrong, he's 0-1, because Rampage doesn't fight at 185. That puts Busta exactly where Lindland stands, being that Lindland loss to Vitale. Based on what you take the #1 spot away from Busta, I don't know. Maybe you should take that away from him after Lindland beats him, being that they both still fight.
I wasn't going to say anything, but when you said people just talk without any research done, I felt like maybe you are the one ignoring the facts."

I guess you assume your saying something that intimidates me or something? lol

i'm getting tired of telling you guys...i have Horn ranked as a LHW...and i have him ranked VERY HIGH in the top ten! That's the last time i'm gonna say that.

Now, to answer your reply...

in the first place, i do research as many fighters as i can (i already said this too)...when i do i check the records of the guys they beat as well as any that beat them...and the guy/guys that beat them, etc, etc...

i go back as far as i can and look the results, how recent the activity, quality of opponents, etc.

the reason i mentioned about Almeida being kept down for that loss is because since that loss i dont see that he's beaten anyone that good to deserve a top ten ranking...about Miller...i already explained that.

the rest of your comments are trivial at best

if you dont know how to do research then i cant help you...i dont see a need to explain every little detail of how i come about my rankings...after all, they ARE my rankings!?!

Go make your own and piss off!

btw, i dont think i have nearly the time on my hands that you do...your like a forum geek or something with all your trite questions...lol

your last post made no sense whatsoever...according to your reasoning Takahashi should
be top ten!?

now THAT'S absurd!

Almeida still needs to prove himself...in my book.

lol at the way you critisized Menne...that just goes to show you dont know crap about ranking fighters...you've got a lot to learn.

Almeida has to prove himself but Baroni doesn't?! Ok, I guess we have radically different views on things then.

Phil has lost his last 2 fights but he has nothing to prove?

Phillip Miller - Will he ever surface again? What's up?

Has Akira Shoji made 185 since his fight with Almeida over 3 years ago? In the last couple years Shoji usually weighs in 194, sometimes a lot higher.

Shoji is a bull now compared to when he fought Almeida in 2000. Shoji over Almeida today.

www.mmaweekly.com

www.adcombat.com

www.mmaranks.com

That's all I've got to say to you at this point. Maybe you should write them with your top 10 list. I'm sure they'll see your point and change their minds.

Sorry if I made you look stupid.