WORLD MIXED MARTIAL ARTS RANKINGS

Everybody can check out our rankings at fighttrader.com or you can go to my site where you will find a lot more than just rankings...

WORLD MIXED MARTIAL ARTS RANKINGS

Fighting Records & MMA Encyclopedia

On this Site you will also find;

Regional Rankings, MMA Title History,
Multiple Title Holders, MMA Hall of Fame, MMA Encyclopedia, Mixed Martial Arts History, MMA Polls of Relevance, MMA Fighter Stats, Discussion Forum, etc., etc...(STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

This is a fair and unbiased system to rank fighters.

CRITERIA FOR RANKING

Unless all of these factors are taken into consideration, voting for

rankings becomes, more or less, a popularity contest.

https://sites.google.com/site/mixedmartialartsrankings/

Other Sites That Feature These Rankings

http://www.mmafightcouncil.com/images/logo-new.jpg

"If you're reading this, you've likely found a hidden gem of the MMA

world known as shanoknowsmma! I for one am glad that I did too! IF you

take the time to read and understand how shano ranks the fighters of

our sport, and you do it with an open mind, you're in for a real

treat. Shano doesn't rank fighters based on a feeling, or a popularity

contest. He follows a linear, historical path, and simply ranks the

fighters based on their performance throughout this history. I have

become such a fan of shano's rankings that I've adopted them on my

site!"

Aaron Richman

MMA Fight Council

MMAFightCouncil.com

http://www.fighttrader.com/wp-content/themes/fight-trader-mma/images/logo.gif

"I use Shano's rankings all the time to recruit my newest clients and prospects

to add to my roster. Even beyond that when one of my fighters wins or is doing

well I check to make sure Shano has them ranked and I'm curious how he has

them ranked cause it's a good check to see where there at. When I go to the internet

there are only a few places I always go to when I start my day and Shano's rankings

are on my short list of websites that I go to every day. If your not checking out his

rankings and your a manager/agent, promoter or a fighter then your missing out.

There are few things I get behind when it comes to products but his website and

rankings is one that I get behind."

Kyle Stoltz

Stoltz Sports Management

FightTrader.com

Really? you're going to have a third dead topic with the exact same name and content and keep TTTing 3 identical threads now instead of 2?

VTFD

Thank you ;)

whoabro - whats the WEC?

Yeah...very funny.

It was 11 years ago that i was on here telling all the (then) noobs that the most exiting fights were at 155 & under.
But, because most of those fighters (at that time), were from Japan and Brazil, most of you only scoffed and made fun of me.

Including that fight professor, jack@$$.

I then went to sherdog's forum for a few years and said the same things. Again, only the die-hard knowledgeable fans agreed with me.

Then i came back here and now you are all realizing it's true.

You also complained that i had too many Japanese and Brazilian fighters in my LW top ten. But i told you, "the American's will eventually bump them off and knock them down".
Again, you scoffed and made fun of me.
Now we see that the Americans have virtually taken all the top spots, at not only LW but also at FW, BW and even FlyW.

Just...like...i...said...they...would.

Well...i guess some of us just have that "knack", and others don't.

One of these days the noobs, trolls, lurkers and a-holes might learn to listen. Then again, probably not.

Does anyone know where i can get a fight photo of Bantamweight Joe Jesser?

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/f/2DE1C8421FF51816/Joe-Jesser/ 

shanoknowsmma - Does anyone know where i can get a fight photo of Bantamweight Joe Jesser?

Shit braddah, I would guess that such a NON-NOOB, OLD SCHOOL RANKINGS AND MMA EXPERT like yourself would've had that dudes digits and bra size since like 1983 bro!

By the way, I love how you're always crying like a bitch that others are immature and disrespectful, yet you make a ban-worthy comment by calling one of the best and most respected MMA commentators of all time a "jackass".

GOD DAMN!  I've been on the internet forever, and really find myself wanting to kick your ass.  You have a unique talent for coming off like a real dick.

VTFD

Uncle Justice - 
shanoknowsmma - Does anyone know where i can get a fight photo of Bantamweight Joe Jesser?

Shit braddah, I would guess that such a NON-NOOB, OLD SCHOOL RANKINGS AND MMA EXPERT like yourself would've had that dudes digits and bra size since like 1983 bro!

By the way, I love how you're always crying like a bitch that others are immature and disrespectful, yet you make a ban-worthy comment by calling one of the best and most respected MMA commentators of all time a "jackass".

GOD DAMN!  I've been on the internet forever, and really find myself wanting to kick your ass.  You have a unique talent for coming off like a real dick.

VTFD

Thank you ;)

Didn't he get "banned" from announcing at Pride events?

BTW, he said much, much worse to me, on here (back in 1999), and i never did anything or said anything to him to deserve it.
Nothing was ever done to him and he never apologized.

I am not calling him anything other than what he displayed to me.
Just because i don't have his popularity does not give him the right to come on here and belittle me and make fun of me.

All because i made weight classes of 110lbs, 120lbs, 130lbs, 140lbs, 150lbs, 160lbs, 170lbs, 180lbs, 190lbs, 210lbs, and Over 210lbs, and suggested that all of MMA adopt that as a standard...and this was in 1999.

So he made fun of me and kept posting badgering comments, over and over and over again, on my thread. Calling me an idiot and a fool and everything else (Just like most of you "gentleman" do).

Well, i should not have called him a jack@$$ but he is a jerk.

I don't go on other people's threads and post all kinds of crap like that. But many of you ALWAYS come on my threads and try to belittle me.
Nobody cries & whines more than you trolls do.

Why don't you go look in a mirror when you say that next time.

Have a nice day ;)

If all i did was whine and complain like you jerks do, then i would be posting about your "ban worthy" posts all day long.

But i am not a whiney little brat like you.

This forum is about MMA...not every little sissy complaint you have.

tmr -  Really? you're going to have a third dead topic with the exact same name and content and keep TTTing 3 identical threads now instead of 2?

VTFD

Don't you have your own threads to troll?

Also need fight photos of the following fighters...

Masayoshi Kato 3-0-1
114lbs 5'6" (Cobra Kai MMA Dojo)

Teppei Masuda 5-3-1
114-123lbs 5'4" (Cobra Kai MMA Dojo)

Hiroyuki Kondo 3-2-1
114lbs (Jiu-Jitsu Brother)

Yoshitaka Aki 2-2
114lbs 5'4" (Andreios)

Keisuke Kurata 5-8-1
114-123lbs 5'6" (ALIVE Makkari)

Atsushi Mochizuki 2-4
114lbs 5'4" (Paraestra Sapporo)

Masanobu Mori 2-2-2
113lbs 5'4" (Nascer do Sol)

Tomohiko Yoshida 6-7-1
114lbs 5'3" (G-Free)

Hayato "Cat" Sato 2-6-1
114-124lbs 5'7" (Paraestra Matsudo)

Hiroaki Takezawa 2-5
114lbs 5'5" (RJW G2)

Kenya Kato 2-5-1
114lbs 5'5" (ALIVE)

Yu Shi 2-0
1??lbs (Motion Academy)

Sean Hall 3-1
125lbs (???)

John Moraga 6-0
125lbs 5'6" (Arizona Combat Sports)

Phil "Billy" Harris (England) 19-9 1 NC
125lbs (???)

Marco Beltran (Mexico?) 4-0
135lbs (???)

Bill Boland 5-0
135lbs (Franco Behring)

Yusaku Nakamura 3-0
135lbs 5'5" (Style)

Thanks for any help!

shanoknowsmma - Didn't he get "banned" from announcing at Pride events?

BTW, he said much, much worse to me, on here (back in 1999), and i never did anything or said anything to him to deserve it.

Nothing was ever done to him and he never apologized.

I am not calling him anything other than what he displayed to me.

Just because i don't have his popularity does not give him the right to come on here and belittle me and make fun of me.

All because i made weight classes of 110lbs, 120lbs, 130lbs, 140lbs, 150lbs, 160lbs, 170lbs, 180lbs, 190lbs, 210lbs, and Over 210lbs, and suggested that all of MMA adopt that as a standard...and this was in 1999.

So he made fun of me and kept posting badgering comments, over and over and over again, on my thread. Calling me an idiot and a fool and everything else (Just like most of you "gentleman" do).

Well, i should not have called him a jack@$$ but he is a jerk.

I don't go on other people's threads and post all kinds of crap like that. But many of you ALWAYS come on my threads and try to belittle me.

Nobody cries & whines more than you trolls do.

Why don't you go look in a mirror when you say that next time.

Have a nice day ;)

Surely a worldly MMA expert would know that Quadros did not "get banned" from Pride?

Just like it's pretty difficult to believe that Quadros "kept making fun and badgering" you to justify talking shit about him?

I love rankings, I love talking and debating rankings, and I respect your knowledge and the system you (apparently) adhere to.  But you're impossible to engage in any sort of reasonable discussion, which is only made worse when you spam the forum with your threads.

As I've told you a million times before when I attempted to have a logical conversation with you, why don't you try being less of a condescending asshole if you'd like people not to treat you like one?

Tapriot - #

135lb Weight Class is Ridiculous

C'mon mane 135 lbs. My Dik weighs 135 lbs. Who the Sam Hell weighs 135lbs? It's getting Ridiculous.

and

Why hasn't my screen name been changed? Get off your asses over ther at the screen name department.

But threads like this are ok?

Don't make me laugh!

Combat Sport Fan - lol at aoki being a champion. The lightweight division should not be tracked linear too much confusion.

Edgar would took aoki he would pull a melendez for 3 rounds and finish him in the 4th unless aoki quits from the beating before that. buttscooting is not mma

It's not a talent contest.

WHAT ARE TOP TEN RANKINGS?

http://smartcanucks.ca/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/for_dummies.gif

Combat Sport Fan - 
shanoknowsmma - 
Combat Sport Fan - lol at aoki being a champion. The lightweight division should not be tracked linear too much confusion.

Edgar would took aoki he would pull a melendez for 3 rounds and finish him in the 4th unless aoki quits from the beating before that. buttscooting is not mma

he is not the best lightweight in the world. Especially when Melendez outclassed him all over the ring. He doesnt fight top competition only fights in japan where they give him tailored rules. Edgar is the best in the world. Maynard and melendez are tied for 2. Melendez will be in the UFC soon so we will see how does. hes a good fighter been following him for years.

Id like to see the linear route of the lightweight division of you could entertain me. I like all your other rankings

It's at the site...
https://sites.google.com/site/mixedmartialartsrankings/home/mma-world-title-history-linear

shanoknowsmma - 
Combat Sport Fan - 
shanoknowsmma - 

he is not the best lightweight in the world. Especially when Melendez outclassed him all over the ring. He doesnt fight top competition only fights in japan where they give him tailored rules. Edgar is the best in the world. Maynard and melendez are tied for 2. Melendez will be in the UFC soon so we will see how does. hes a good fighter been following him for years.

Id like to see the linear route of the lightweight division of you could entertain me. I like all your other rankings

It's at the site...
https://sites.google.com/site/mixedmartialartsrankings/home/mma-world-title-history-linear

I agree. Aoki is not "the best"...but...if they fought in Japan there might be a different outcome. We shall see...hopefully.

Though i also think Melendez is top 3 one of the best LW's. After Melendez fights Aoki again, i would love to see him fight Eddie (or Aoki, who already sub'd Alvarez). Then that winner fight the winner of Benson/Pettis -vs- Maynard/Edgar.

Now THAT'S A FRIGGIN LW TOURNEY IF EVER I SAW ONE!!!

Combat Sport Fan - you cant have a double standard of diaz not fighting at 155 when gomi never did either. a 155 pound world title wasnt contested until the UFC created its division.

You should create two linear champs then because they are two different weights. You can say they are similar but nick diaz could fight at 160 but not 155 and you know that makes a difference.

This has been discussed on here many, many times. Sorry, did not know you were a noob.
Gomi most certainly did fight at 155...he fought in Shooto before Pride...which was actually at 154.

He's more of a natural LW. Diaz is not.

But, like i said, this has been discussed over and over again. It's controversial but i have not seen anyone come up with anything better.

Have a nice day ;)

shanoknowsmma - 
tmr -  Really? you're going to have a third dead topic with the exact same name and content and keep TTTing 3 identical threads now instead of 2?

VTFD

Don't you have your own threads to troll?

Lol really?

You're the one creating the exact same thread over and over again because the previous one's 90% you TTTing or flaming.

The best is when you quote a TTT from Kirik from 12 threads ago.

You should just give up on your subjective rankings, or at least stop spamming the board with the exact same topic - that always ends the same way: you get no replies outside of a few hateful comments and your silly TTTing and decide to create a "new" thread, rinse and repeat.

edit:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=1702176&page=1

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=1657004&page=1

haha me trolling? how about this old gem then?

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=126414&page=1

Combat Sport Fan - 
shanoknowsmma - 
shanoknowsmma - 
Combat Sport Fan - 
shanoknowsmma - 

It's at the site...

I agree. Aoki is not "the best"...but...if they fought in Japan there might be a different outcome. We shall see...hopefully.

Though i also think Melendez is top 3 one of the best LW's. After Melendez fights Aoki again, i would love to see him fight Eddie (or Aoki, who already sub'd Alvarez). Then that winner fight the winner of Benson/Pettis -vs- Maynard/Edgar.

Now THAT'S A FRIGGIN LW TOURNEY IF EVER I SAW ONE!!!

only if aoki doesnt have pants, no buttscooting he has to work for a takedown.

japanese mma has fallen behind unfortunately.

I have Maynard winning it all

I think Benson might surprise some people. He's very tricky & slick.

At any rate, it's gonna be awesome...esp. if they can cross-fight with the UFC LW's!

Hey, no offense at calling you a noob, k?
But if you didn't know that Gomi was already fighting at that weight (before Pride), then you are still a noob. But you're not a troll. Which is very cool!