World's first salmon vending machine in Singapore

in Indonesia, an orangutan reached out to a man who seemed to be trapped in a river, this one was in fact hunting snakes from the waterhole to protect the monkeys from their often fatal bites.

14 Likes

This is how do penguins stay warm.

10 Likes

Samsung tests phone durability with a Butt-Shaped robot

7 Likes

During WW2, the winner of the Tour de France, Gino Bartali, put his fame to a good cause. He hid counterfeit document in his bicycle and smuggled them through Nazi checkpoints. These documents saved over 800 Jews lives.

12 Likes

Reynard the Fox is a french literary cycle made in 12th century about an anthropomorphic fox and his adventures: medieval people loved animal characters as we love Disney movies today

6 Likes

Frederick Fleet, 24, the lookout on the Titanic who first spotted the iceberg (shouting, “Iceberg, right ahead!”) that sank the ship in 1912. In 1965, aged 77, after the death of his wife and being evicted from his house, Fleet hanged himself.

6 Likes

original sketches for the ninja turtles, 1984

6 Likes

This is the world’s deepest pool in the world in Montegrotto Terme, Italy

9 Likes

George Lucas before CGI, 1984

8 Likes

Awesome stuff Nazi!

2 Likes

It’s The Matrix meets Yars Revenge!

2 Likes
5 Likes

It’s defragging in the old days…

2 Likes

60 minutes did a great piece on him a while back. Smart pooch.

2 Likes

I love that doggie!!

1 Like

There is a science-based channel on YouTube that did a videos on this. They even drove a boat through the balls. Making them black to avoid evaporation seems counter intuitive as black heats up, but apparently the fact that it is better at blocking light makes up for that.

2 Likes

Very cool thread

2 Likes

I would think dark blue would probably be best, but I guess the scientists know what is best.

1 Like

I call that a regular work day

6 Likes

Great thread!

2 Likes