Worried about my kids- Hurricane

http://www.nbcnews.com/watch/nightly-news/hawaii-braces-for-iselle-first-hurricane-since-1992-316185667904

Just talked to their mother and everybody's just hunkered down at grandma's watching movies, so that's good. It just sucks that there's absolutely nothing I can do except wait for the next call.

This is the first time since he was born that my youngest has been away from me for more than a week. Let him go back to my hometown to spend the summer with his mom and now they're getting hit with two hurricanes in a row.

In my mind I know they're in a good spot and well prepared, but at the same time all I can see is all the worst case scenario stuff I studied while doing work training as a first responder/crisis counselor after the last one (Iniki) hit.

As of 30 minutes ago, some steady rain and wind gusts is all that's happened, plus a tree branch fell on someone's car down the street. Hoping that's the worst of it. Phone Post 3.0

Fuck Mother Nature!!

Hope all ends well fren, scarey shit.

It'll be alright. They will probably lose power for a bit because the power grid goes down during any type of storm. 

I just left Oahu last week, everyone I know there is all stocked up on water, batteries and beer. Its just going to suck being without power for a few days (at most).

I was in Iniki on Kauai. We were in a plantation warehouse and everything was caving in on us. During the eye of the storm, we went outside to assess the damage and one car was flipped over onto another car. Then huge piece of galvanized roofing was heading right for us, threatening to sever us in half, so we ran back inside and continued watching the ceilings collapse all around us.

Fun fun fun fun fun.

Jack Carter - 

I was in Iniki on Kauai. We were in a plantation warehouse and everything was caving in on us. During the eye of the storm, we went outside to assess the damage and one car was flipped over onto another car. Then huge piece of galvanized roofing was heading right for us, threatening to sever us in half, so we ran back inside and continued watching the ceilings collapse all around us.

Fun fun fun fun fun.

Poop would happen.

Which island are they on?

Jack Carter -

Fun fun fun fun fun.

That's the kind of shit I keep picturing. All the news reports say 'should be weakened by the time it hits Maui and Oahu, it just needs to rip through Hilo at full hurricane force first.' Phone Post 3.0

They'll be fine man....hang in there Phone Post 3.0

The Adversary - Which island are they on?
East side of the big island. Phone Post 3.0

Hurricane Katrina refugee here. I know the horror. Good luck, man. Thoughts are with you. Phone Post 3.0

Phone Post 3.0

newflowerfeeder - Hurricane Katrina refugee here. I know the horror. Good luck, man. Thoughts are with you. Phone Post 3.0
So the eye will miss them by about 15 miles, but pass directly over my mom's house :/ Phone Post 3.0

Here is a live stream of local news: http://touch.khon2.com/stream/2073

Sennin -
newflowerfeeder - Hurricane Katrina refugee here. I know the horror. Good luck, man. Thoughts are with you. Phone Post 3.0
So the eye will miss them by about 15 miles, but pass directly over my mom's house :/ Phone Post 3.0
How far are they from the coast?

I made it through Katrina, was a fun experience.

Your family will be fine, they'll probably just sleep through it. Phone Post 3.0

My cousin lives in Waikoloa. Good luck to them all Phone Post 3.0

bigtreechris -
Sennin -
How far are they from the coast?

I made it through Katrina, was a fun experience.

Your family will be fine, they'll probably just sleep through it. Phone Post 3.0
About this far

Phone Post 3.0

I feel for you bro Phone Post 3.0

I'm here. It won't be bad. Family is on Maui and they're ok too so far. Hot as hell on Oahu though Phone Post

I freak when kids r 3 blocks away w ex wife i cant imagine that...you know it will b ok but that wont make u worry any less...hang in there - best Phone Post 3.0

It'll be fine man. Won't make you worry any less though.

At least it's not Guam, I hear it's gonna capsize. Phone Post 3.0