Worst Execution of Best Source Material

AnthonyWeiner - The Dark Tower
Ender's Game
The Point Break remake

Ender’s game is one of my all time favorite books. The movie was an abomination. 

Any Uwe Boll video game adaptation.

1 Like

The last season of Game of Thrones deserves honorable mention.

And Tim Burton has a lot to answer for...

Willy Wonka

Sleepy Hollow

Planet of the Apes

FatChrist Magic - 

Last twenty minutes of The Mist.

Godzilla 2000

I Am Legend

I dunno, I liked how they changed the ending

FatChrist Magic -

And Tim Burton has a lot to answer for...

Willy Wonka

Sleepy Hollow

Planet of the Apes

Sleepy Hollow is okay.

1 Like

Shamrock vs Severn.

2 Likes

Starship Troopers.  How the fuck you not gonna give me power armor, drop pods, flamers, and hand held nukes?

He-Man the movie.  Killed my favorite childhood toys and cartoon show. When Drago said to Rocky that "I will break you", he was referring to the He-Man franchise. 

I stopped watching the "Preacher" TV show after 2 episodes. No way they could do that entire story justice.

1 Like

Resident Evil movies

Game of Thrones

Disney owned Star Wars

The Mat Pimp -

Starship Troopers.  How the fuck you not gonna give me power armor, drop pods, flamers, and hand held nukes?

The Roughnecks cartoon is the best version so far.

Live action anime comes to mind. 

Fist of the north star, and ghost in the shell. 

Let's hope they never actually attempt the Akira adaptation. 

nottheface -

“Wanted” - was a terrible adaptation of the comic

Every Fantastic Four Movie so far.  How they could miss so badly when they have Dr Doom, arguably Marvel’s best villain, is beyond me

Dark Phoenix - one of the most amazing stories in comics that has shaped decades of story telling just thrown in the trash.  

Wanted had literally nothing to do with the fucking comic.  Would still love to see a amazon adaptation of that.

AMCs preacher sucked the life out of the greatest story ever.

PatK -
FatChrist Magic - 

Last twenty minutes of The Mist.

Godzilla 2000

I Am Legend

I dunno, I liked how they changed the ending

Stephen King even likes it better than his own ending.

beerbelly -

He-Man the movie.  Killed my favorite childhood toys and cartoon show. When Drago said to Rocky that "I will break you", he was referring to the He-Man franchise. 

That movie is an abomination. There isnt a single redeeming thing about it. 

The transformers animated movie in the 80s. Sucks major ass. They killed Optimus Prime and gave us fucking Rodimus Prime, total bullshit.  

The Mat Pimp - 

It's a good movie in it's own right though. It's like the shining movie (which is nothing like the book) but is nevertheless a good movie.

ScreenName22 -
jcblass -
AnthonyWeiner - The Dark Tower
Ender's Game
The Point Break remake

Water World

That Mars movie that bombed.

Dune 

Newest Star Wars

Waterworld was a good movie that got blasted by critics because of the budget. They hated Costner but he always gave them a big fuck you.

Now John Dutton lives. If they fuck with him, he'll bury them on the ranch. We seen what happens to some faggoty California bikers.

Explain the triple kamikaze jetski scene.

Just finished the LOTR trilogy and I'm grinding through the Hobbit trilogy and I'm having a tough time finishing. LOTR was done in two days. I'm a week in on the Hobbit second film.

punchdrunkMMA -

My wife recently got me watching Avatar: The Last Airbender and thus far it's excellent. However, I know the live action movie is supposed to be trash (though I still plan on watching it so I can fully grasp the hate it receives).

Made me wonder about other films/shows that screwed the pooch despite having really good source material. I would say GoT, but it was great until they ran out of source material. The Hobbit trilogy comes to mind, but it also had some decent moments too. 

What are some other examples?

Cartoon is better.