Worst high profile fights of all time?

First thought was Randy Couture vs. Vitor Belfort at UFC 46. Huge disappointment.

2 Likes

Penn vs Edgar 3. That tippie toe shit was horrific and I was there live wondering wtf was happening

3 Likes

Gsp vs shields was great

Showed gsp wasn’t all that

Woodley vs Thompson was fucking atrocious. Never care to ever see either of them fight after that bullshit.

Came to say this, not sure if it was the first or second, neither was memorable, but one was utter shit

Came to say mir Cro cop

MVP vs Paul Daley was a snooze fest. Saw it live.

They both talked so much sh*t and then neither did anything.

1 Like

It’s crazy how Pride had so many fewer main events that went to decision, and even those that did were exciting. I blame the big octagon. The smaller ring really forced them to fight

Yellow cards were quite motivating.

2 Likes

Yellow cards solved that problem quick. Plus the fighters knew if they weren’t exciting they’d have a harder time getting another fight

1 Like

Hughes vs Royce was garbage.

That fight never shoulda happened

1 Like

Who ever the Pride match maker was was awesome

Thanks

Cards were often put together last minute. It wasn’t uncommon not to know who you were fighting a week or two out from the event lol unless it was a hyped match or title fight.

1 Like

I hated that fight so much, but even more than the fight, I hated the way almost everyone blamed Romero for it and gave Izzy a pass. It takes 2 people to make a historically boring fight…both guys have to do almost nothing in order to make that happen.

Most people crushed Rose and Carla, as they should…but most people acted like Romero was the asshole and Izzy took very little shit for that performance.

1 Like

I’m going to go with a boxing classic. The fight was good until shit hit the fan.

2 Likes

God dang. I’ve never seen this before.

I’ve never seen anything about it, but it looks like the dude in the orange is hitting the fan dude with something repeatedly and then the dude is just all over the place. I can’t tell if fan dude is knocked out or just being grabbed in every direction.

1 Like

Moe saved Homer from Tatum the same way.