worst place you've worked as far as customers

Worked in service and sales at a GM dealership. Dealing with the customers there, in general, was awful.

Any club ever on hip hop and reggae nights. Phone Post 3.0

waiter at a Kosher Soul food/Indo-China restaurant

Hotel Front Desk Clerk! 

Here's a little piece of advice... Desk clerks have some pull when it comes to dropping your rate...If you approach me with that " You better lower my rate than what I agreed to during reservation" attitude I will not do it for you no matter how long you have had to deal with hotels...If you approach the desk with courtesy and be polite to me I will drop the rate...

Nole_pride85 - Walmart. /thread Phone Post 3.0

I worked the electronics section of a Walmart part-time for 8 months one year because I was bored. I had a blast!

Pretjah - 

back in high school i worked at a Kinney's Shoes 1991

it was the worst and the best

i can't tell you how often i got hit on by milfs

this was back when you went to a shoe store the sales associate actually put the shoe on your foot for you (for those old enough to remember)   so i honestly can't tell you how many times i'd be kneeling down and the woman would be intentionally showing me her goodies while her husband or kids are standing or sitting right next to her.

was awesome but frustrating at the same time...and there was always the one step away from homeless guy who would come in and try on 10 differnet pair of shoes with his feet smelling like a cross between spoiled cabbage, horse manour and big white sexy's arm pit. and you'd be down there having to touch his feet.

that's disgusting. i wasn't seeing the bad in it until I relaized it involved dealing with feet all day.

MMAOutsider - I worked at a gas station convenience store. People generally ranged from mediocre to complete and total assholes, and lottery ticket addicts are some of the most pathetic and annoying people ever.

man, that's the truth.

i will pick the line that looks like its the fastest, and someone who I judged to be a quick checkout will want a bunch of tickets checked, after which they buy a bunch more.

NorthernHospitality - 

Hotel Front Desk Clerk! 

Here's a little piece of advice... Desk clerks have some pull when it comes to dropping your rate...If you approach me with that " You better lower my rate than what I agreed to during reservation" attitude I will not do it for you no matter how long you have had to deal with hotels...If you approach the desk with courtesy and be polite to me I will drop the rate...

this is my answer.

i worked at a super 8 that was well known for the occasional visit from a Walt and Jessie type who would book a room long enough to complete their cook. no regard for the smell or anything.

the whole place turned to a zoo on weekends when there was prom or something. during festivals it was even worse. i split time between the good customers complaining about the bad ones and the bad ones threatening me.

one night i kicked out a couple for reasons I have forgotten and the guy was a skinny tweeker who let me know he was coming back later to kill me. oh, and this was overnight shift on a weekend and i was the only one there.

when i got off shift i told my manager i was done.

it was one of the few jobs i just quit without notice.

Work in the cable,internet, phone industry. People get understandably upset, but people are so freaking entitled nowdays. I've got a million stories - generally the people who live in the richest neighborhoods are the worst to deal with. Everyone claims they run a business from home and are losing thousands of dollars an hour. I just tell them if they make that much money they can probably afford business class service. Plus a lot of time these people claiming to make millions a year live in a trailer court or apartment. (Nothing against this type of housing but you would think millionaires would have a house at least). Phone Post

Harlem Savoy - Courtesy Clerk/bag boy in high school at a vons in leisure world.

Costco when I first got out of the Corps. People are horrible in a warehouse. Phone Post 3.0

Really?

I worked as a courtesy clerk/bag boy at a Giant for two years of high school and one year of college, and I thought it was the easiest job I ever had. Only had a few incidents with customers. I did occasionally get some odd tips, but I always thought that was funny.

I worked for a cable installing company that installed tv cable as a sub contractor.

So many horror stories...

jefft73 - Work in the cable,internet, phone industry. People get understandably upset, but people are so freaking entitled nowdays. I've got a million stories - generally the people who live in the richest neighborhoods are the worst to deal with. Everyone claims they run a business from home and are losing thousands of dollars an hour. I just tell them if they make that much money they can probably afford business class service. Plus a lot of time these people claiming to make millions a year live in a trailer court or apartment. (Nothing against this type of housing but you would think millionaires would have a house at least). Phone Post
Work in the same industry in complaints. Honesty, people are dicks who want everything for nothing. Take today for instance, this bish wrote in saying she wanted to add another digibox to her account but she wanted the new box for nothing. She also wanted her current package plus the extra box for less money. She got told a flat no.

This other numpty was mis-sold, I listened to the call and he was. As compensation he wants us to honour what he was offered (we have) and also give him 1 years free HD channels. Over 200 bucks worth even though we have sorted the issue.

I could give hundreds of stories of customers being totally unreasonable. Phone Post 3.0

PatK - The worst I have now are guys that are "inventors".

I'm in manufacturing, and they'll come in with some idea that's either going to make them rich, or change the world. Almost all of them never see the light of day.

Most of the time, they don't even really have a design. Or when I tell them the limitations, or that what they are looking for can't get done, they get pissed off.

If there is a design, they will bitch about the cost. Or how long it will take. Usually both.

When I try to explain to them I'm in the middle of developing a product for GM/Ford, medical industry, etc, and I have to give them preference, they get pissed off.

99 times out of 100, it ends up being a waste of time. So now I just tell them what it's going to cost at a minimum and how long it will take, and be honest. That usually runs them off.

Story of my fucking life. Voted up. Phone Post 3.0

Welfare Office.

Restaurant because everybody thinks they're a expert when I comes to food Phone Post 3.0

Apple retail...everyone wants their device fixed this instant and is a business owner who is going out of town or has a three year old kid in the hospital with cancer. Oh and they want a replacement for free even when it's two years out of warranty. Phone Post 3.0

Every place I have ever worked in the Bradenton/Sarasota area. So many asshole old people. SO OLD!!! EVERYWHERE!!!!

The last topless club I worked was a 7-year stint in Houston.

Over that timeframe the area of town, Richmond Ave., went downhill.

Our customer base followed the decline.  Still busy, still making money.  Much rougher crowd overall.

During this same basic time-frame, pimps started running "crews" of strippers/whores from Cali to Florida and back again.  Houston right on their trade-route.

Sociopathic, highly violent, dangerous, predatory, ex-con, gun-totin', knife wielding, no-bullshit, psycho, pimps. 

In Bentleys.

I worked 4yrs in a head shop in the Skillman/635 ghetto of Dallas.

I dealt with tweakers and crackheads for 8hrs/day, 5 days/wk

You haven't lived until you've tried to list the prices one by one at the 1001 items the crackhead is pointing to and asking about before they get around to picking up a single straight piece of glass.

Towards the end of my time there, I could determine what a perons habit was by how they walked.

Eye opening experience

pendejopresident - Sprint repair center/retail store

I don't know how I go into work everyday. FML Phone Post
Damn I'm working at the exact same right now. Weird Phone Post 3.0