Worst stoppage in UFC history?

Rosenthal^^

Sakuraba/Conan I and Leandro Silva/Drew Dober are the two stoppages that really stand out to me as completely inexcusable.

Wasnt it Lindland vs Bustamante where they stopped the fight mid fully locked submission before Lindland tapped, and realized they made a mistake and restarted it standing?

dangerboy12 - 

Wasnt it Lindland vs Bustamante where they stopped the fight mid fully locked submission before Lindland tapped, and realized they made a mistake and restarted it standing?

Matt DID tap. He lied about not tapping. So, Busta had to beat him again.

MarcusAurelioFan - 

I think one that isn't talked about much is Rothwell/Velasquez. He was giving it to Cain in the fight but the ref jumped in really fast when he got hit a few times as he was rising up.

Who knows what could have happened if it went on in terms of HW history?

![](upload://4y7vtrXng4ZuyNJbGeKrkE0OoVT.gif)

Agreed on this one. he was getting up.

3 Likes
Ghost Of Don Logan - 

Terrible.

Pat Curran/Joe Warren could have been stopped about 5 separate times

I recall Tito/Sinosic being pretty bad.

I did a seminar with Ricco Rodriguez and he told us that it was openly known in the lockerroom that if you just swarm someone with volume and do no damage the ref will jump in and stop it cause it looks bad for the org to have anyone look like theyre taking bad abuse.

Acidic -
knappster -
MarcusAurelioFan -

I think one that isn't talked about much is Rothwell/Velasquez. He was giving it to Cain in the fight but the ref jumped in really fast when he got hit a few times as he was rising up.

Who knows what could have happened if it went on in terms of HW history?

![](upload://4y7vtrXng4ZuyNJbGeKrkE0OoVT.gif)

took more damage than Dom. 

I was there live. Rothwell was getting pummeled the whole time 

Cain beat the fuck out of him. Maybe wasn't the greatest timing on the stoppage, but nothing would have changed had it gone on, because Cain would have just continued riding and smashing him.

Calhoon -
The Original SST -

Lawler Askren

I never was able to see this as a bad stoppage. If I were the ref I would done the same. When I saw his hand drop I was convinced Robby was out. 

So was every commentator.

Masvidal Askren

Also, fuck Leandro Silva for putting his hands up and acting like he actually won or something. Of all the people in the scenario, he's the most aware of how little effect that choke was having, which is why he let it go prior to the stoppage.

ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - 
Calhoon -
The Original SST -

Lawler Askren

I never was able to see this as a bad stoppage. If I were the ref I would done the same. When I saw his hand drop I was convinced Robby was out. 

Agreed.

wiggum -
Calhoon -
The Original SST -

Lawler Askren

Agreed.

Yeah, people judge it with the benefit of hindsight. Looking at it objectively, without the benefit of hindsight and slow motion replays, everybody thought he went out.

ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
wiggum -
Calhoon -
The Original SST -

Lawler Askren

Agreed.

Yeah, people judge it with the benefit of hindsight. Looking at it objectively, without the benefit of hindsight and slow motion replays, everybody thought he went out.

I still think he went out

KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye -
ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
wiggum -
Calhoon -
The Original SST -

Lawler Askren

Agreed.

I still think he went out

me too

Tank vs Nelmark

any mazzagatti fight