Would a Gun Ban trigger a Civil War?

If the government were to pass a law to confiscate all weapons in the US, would it trigger a civil war of sorts Phone Post 3.0

Doubt it. Most people act tougher then what they are. Look at New Orleans years ago when the cops raided and took peoples guys when people were looting and shit. Everyone gave up their guns with no resistence.

Im pretty sure most of the US would go the same.

It would increase boating accidents Phone Post 3.0

yes.

no. basically zero chance

lol @ people saying they doubt it. Okay. 

Gun confiscation in one fell swoop would definitely lead to civil war.

No Phone Post 3.0

I sleep well knowing we have the southern states

You guys saw what happened at the Nevada ranch stand off. What do you think is going to happen when they come for the weapons? You anti gun pussies got another thing coming. Phone Post 3.0

ender852 - Nah, 98% would comply or already don't own guns, the other 2% would be crushed under a boot heel.
So the disenfranchised would start homegrown terrorist cells, but civil war?
No. Phone Post 3.0

That would be 6 million people. That's a lot of fucking people. A lot of former and currently military and LEO. Smart gun grabbers try to do it gradually. Trying to confiscate all at once would be the end of the republic.

I've seen civil wars fought over less. Phone Post 3.0

I wonder if the govt would make you turn all your gold in for cash to give the cash value. Then sell the gold

Trust -


I don't know what would happen and I certainly hope we never have to find out, but I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand.  Consider the last civil war: it wasn't individual people who were "acting tough," it was the states.  Would the states do that over gun rights?  



http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/montana.asp



http://gunwars.news21.com/2014/eight-states-have-passed-laws-voiding-federal-firearms-regulations/



 



Consider what happened at the Bundy ranch:



http://www.thenation.com/article/12-scariest-parts-new-report-bundy-ranch-standoff/ 

This. Everyone treats this question like all of government, LEOs, and military are on one side and citizens are on the other. The reality is that it would split all of those and in my opinion numbers would favor team guns. Phone Post 3.0

I don't see Texas going along with that. I just can't. At the least it would be a seriously contentious issue with Texas not enforcing the federal mandate. I don't see a lot of law enforcement enforcing it. I really don't.

Who the fuck is going to be the one to knock on the door and take everyone's gun? If the federal government got that insane to the left I could see secession as a possibility. I would hate for it to come to that and break the Union. We are all better off together. Phone Post 3.0

ender852 - The NRA shall rise again! Phone Post 3.0
3%ers Phone Post 3.0

ender852 -
TexDeuce - I don't see Texas going along with that. I just can't. At the least it would be a seriously contentious issue with Texas not enforcing the federal mandate. I don't see a lot of law enforcement enforcing it. I really don't.

Who the fuck is going to be the one to knock on the door and take everyone's gun? If the federal government got that insane to the left I could see secession as a possibility. I would hate for it to come to that and break the Union. We are all better off together. Phone Post 3.0
What makes you think they'd fare any better than the last time states tried to secede?
Get spanked by uncle Sam again. Phone Post 3.0
I am going on the assumption there won't be a war over secession. Phone Post 3.0

What's so civil about war anyway?

...tell me there's some guns n roses fans here Phone Post 3.0

607p4p - I sleep well knowing we have the southern states
They Better think twice before trying their jihad in Texas. Those fuckers that tried a few months back didn't even make it to the front door of the building they were trying to get in to. Phone Post 3.0

BruteDion -


Doubt it. Most people act tougher then what they are. Look at New Orleans years ago when the cops raided and took peoples guys when people were looting and shit. Everyone gave up their guns with no resistence.



Im pretty sure most of the US would go the same.

Not a realistic comparison. In NOLA, there were no communications, no warnings and the local PD basically surprised people (and committed a crime in the process).

The news of any wide restriction on firearms in normal society would spread instantly. Of course organized resistance would form and a great many people would fight back. Not to mention, it's impossible to collect even a majority of firearms.

The best plan for disarming a nation, is to make them want to disarm. Which the liberal crowd loves to get right on board with. Phone Post 3.0