Would a younger anderson have beat Chris?

I don't understand the argument here?

Was Anderson out of his prime when Weidman knocked him out?

Weidman is a stylistic nightmare for any version of Anderson.

Would Chris have ran through those 16 like Anderson? Maybe, maybe not. But styles make fights and Weidman gives Anderson fits. Phone Post 3.0

Arlovskis Chin - I don't understand the argument here?

Would Chris have ran through those 16 like Anderson? Maybe, maybe not. But styles make fights and Weidman gives Anderson fits. Phone Post 3.0
Silva clearly didn't want it anymore. His body language and even his words stated he didn't want the spotlight anymore. It seemed more like he was doing it more out of gratitude for Dana and the UFC than for himself. Silva wasn't chasing glory anymore. Silva at the point when he fought Weidman was like the old man who is terrific at his job, but he doesn't have to try hard anymore. You get bored when your job is no longer challenging you. Now he is closer to retirement than ever being a standout stud chasing respect and recognition again. Weidman on the other hand is the new young guy on the job who wants so desperately to be the best employee. He has an amazing workrate and he is determined to prove himself despite all the naysayers. That's fire. That's motivation. That's what Silva lacks now. That's what Silva had in his prime. He realized at some point towards the end he was too great for his competition and he settled. Him settling allowed a young hungry dog to steal his plate. Weidman is amazing. Silva was one of a kind. How quickly people forget. Phone Post 3.0

KnockoutThoughts -

Silva clearly didn't want it anymore. His body language and even his words stated he didn't want the spotlight anymore. It seemed more like he was doing it more out of gratitude for Dana and the UFC than for himself. Silva wasn't chasing glory anymore. Silva at the point when he fought Weidman was like the old man who is terrific at his job, but he doesn't have to try hard anymore. You get bored when your job is no longer challenging you. Now he is closer to retirement than ever being a standout stud chasing respect and recognition again. Weidman on the other hand is the new young guy on the job who wants so desperately to be the best employee. He has an amazing workrate and he is determined to prove himself despite all the naysayers. That's fire. That's motivation. That's what Silva lacks now. That's what Silva had in his prime. He realized at some point towards the end he was too great for his competition and he settled. Him settling allowed a young hungry dog to steal his plate. Weidman is amazing. Silva was one of a kind. How quickly people forget. Phone Post 3.0
I have to disagree. I don't think people have forgot how good he was. I think that's why they think Weidman beats any version off him. Anderson looked absolutely sublime in his most recent fights before Weidman.

He was taking guys out like they were children. He annihilated a 7 year ufc vet in Bonnar, had a much better performance in Chael 2 and took out Vitor who has looked like a monster.

He was in his prime when he fought Weidman imo. Phone Post 3.0

Arlovskis Chin -
KnockoutThoughts -

I have to disagree. I don't think people have forgot how good he was. I think that's why they think Weidman beats any version off him. Anderson looked absolutely sublime in his most recent fights before Weidman.

He was taking guys out like they were children. He annihilated a 7 year ufc vet in Bonnar, had a much better performance in Chael 2 and took out Vitor who has looked like a monster.

Maybe skill wise,but heartwise no way. His heart wasn't in the sport anymore imo. Respect your opinion though. Phone Post 3.0

Silva wanted nothing to do with Maia on the ground.
Chael exposed Silva's weakness to constant pressure from an excellent wrestler.
Weidman just finished the deal.

I always thought that he was a bit overrated and his win over Vitor was a bit lucky. Everyone else already got mind-beat entering the ring. Except Weidman. And look what happened.

IMO.

KnockoutThoughts -
Arlovskis Chin -
KnockoutThoughts -

Maybe skill wise,but heartwise no way. His heart wasn't in the sport anymore imo. Respect your opinion though. Phone Post 3.0
I actually probably agree with that.
The longer he went on the more disinterested he seemed. A credit to him how he managed to keep embarrassing top contenders. Phone Post 3.0

bayboy925 -
Brasco - Lol. Now silva but huggers gonna use "age" as an excuse. Fact is. Weidman is better !!! Everywhere
You fuckin faggot I hope you die choking on a hot shot of Chris's semen. Phone Post 3.0
Why because he has an opinion and he has been on the Weidman train from day one? Hell he is the original member of the Weidman fan club, war wagon, hype train whatever you want to call it. Don't be a bitter douche it makes you look bad. Phone Post 3.0

Age had nothing to do with him getting ko'ed or his chicken leg breaking. You SIlva nut hangers are worse than the Fedor guys-

Fucking let it go, he's DONE-COOKED-DONE

He beat everyone when he was young. Of course Phone Post 3.0

Of-course age is a factor in sports, especially in MMA.

For all we know, Silva may have been able to beat Weidman now at 39yo but we'll never know due to a cocky Silva in the first fight and a freak accident in the second...

The short answer is no Phone Post 3.0

As a Silva nuthugger I would say yes. In my very honest opinion Silva on his best day would beat Chris on his.

That said, Chris is an absolute monster and I think they could fight 10 times and win 5 each, they are both THAT good.

I just feel, and it's simply my opinion, that Silva on his very best day is unstoppable. Phone Post 3.0

Silva struggled with Lutter and Sonnen. Weidman doesn't struggle. Phone Post 3.0

KnockoutThoughts -
Arlovskis Chin -
KnockoutThoughts -

So his heart wasn't in it after he got ktfo? He didn't want revenge on the only guy to KO him and the guy who took his title? Oh wait this is where you say Weidman didn't win but it was an injury in the rematch.

Don't make excuses. Just accept that Weidman is a bad style matchup for Silva. Phone Post 3.0

I agree and if people want to act like silva was way out of his prime he wasn't. But he certainly was declining people just couldn't see if bc he was fighting the likes of bonnar lol.

38 is in way shape or form prime but still think a prime silva struggles with Weidman Phone Post 3.0

PUBLICnoose -
Bisping decisioned my SN -
Wasa-B - Anderson Silva is not black...

yes i know this?

Yes he is. He even talked about being a black Brazilian. Phone Post 3.0
Was gonna say this. It is dumb when people say he is not black he is Brazilian. .. so Mike Tyson is not black? Nope he is not he is American. Phone Post 3.0

Anderson peaked late so the "he was too old" argument holds no weight against Weidman. Anderson was lightyears better at 38 than he was at 28. He had multiple losses when he was Chris's current age. If anyone was at a disadvantage in this fight in terms of not being in their prime, it would be Chris. He is still developing and improving as a fighter and is not yet in his prime which makes the 2 victories that much more impressive

Anderson was closer to his prime than Weidman was to his prime

Also, Anderson had some of his most impressive performances the year leading up to the fight.

I still think Anderson could have, and should have beaten Chris both times. Phone Post 3.0

Sir Psycho Sexy - I still think Anderson could have, and should have beaten Chris both times. Phone Post 3.0

Maybe, but all we have to go by is what we saw. Both rounds that went the full 5 minutes were won decisively by Weidman

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - Anderson peaked late so the "he was too old" argument holds no weight against Weidman. Anderson was lightyears better at 38 than he was at 28. He had multiple losses when he was Chris's current age. If anyone was at a disadvantage in this fight in terms of not being in their prime, it would be Chris. He is still developing and improving as a fighter and is not yet in his prime which makes the 2 victories that much more impressive

Anderson was closer to his prime than Weidman was to his prime

Also, Anderson had some of his most impressive performances the year leading up to the fight.

This.

It's virtually unheard of for any athlete to be considered in their prime over the age of 30 but Anderson was widely considered to be an exception to that.

And the Bonnar fight was considered one of his bets performances ever with many people saying he was actually improving with age. There was no signs of slowing down whatsoever even at 38 yrs old.