Would Barnett be a bad match up for JDS?

eljamaiquino - 
chokeyou -
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -
savage043 - Jds vs mir repeat Phone Post

You crazy!?

Not a chance that Barnett vs JDS looks like JDS vs Mir.

They might have similar styles but they are COMPLETELY different fighters.

Barnett vs JDS would be very, very competitive. If Barnett could get Junior down then he would be in a lot of trouble. Phone Post

And if he couldn't, he would be lucky to get out of the first or second round against JDS. Same as Mir. Phone Post

I doubt JDS would finish Barnett.

Barnett is as tough as they come, he has only been KO'd by Rizzo (11 years ago) and finished by Cro Cop in the finale of the 2006 Pride GP. Barnett has a chin of granite and an impossibly large heart.

Barnett would give JDS a war. Phone Post

Barnett's wrestling is elite.

Don't forget his holding Randy down and beating on him when randy was in his prime. He beat Nog in his prime. Barnett is as good as there ever was.

make fights and i think he forces JDS to an uncomfortable place. No idea who wins (other than the fans) but i'd rather see it than CainvsJDS2.

Zuffa should have JDS fight Cormier, Barnett fight Reem, winners fight for the belt.

Micro turny.

Barnett used roids to beat Randy. In fact, that fight made the AC start overturning results if pepple fail the test. Nog decision was not clearcut either. Josh has great subs but his wrestling isn't good enough to take down JDS.... Phone Post

so.......

you don't watch fighters who have tested positive?

Shall i list them?

He's been clean and kicking ass. Your nog comment was plain silly....

"Barnett's wrestling is elite."

He was outwrestled by Crocop, couldn't take Nog down in the rematch (I'm not sure I've ever seen Nog successfully defend a takedown outside that fight)...he's a good wrestler but I don't know of a reason to think he would have more luck with takedowns than Cain or Carwin.

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay - 

You crazy!?

Barnett vs JDS would be very, very competitive. If Barnett could get Junior down then he would be in a lot of trouble. Phone Post

People have said this about JDS but I bet Junior is a beast on the ground. JDS is super strong and agile.

orcus - 

He was outwrestled by Crocop, couldn't take Nog down in the rematch (I'm not sure I've ever seen Nog successfully defend a takedown outside that fight)...he's a good wrestler but I don't know of a reason to think he would have more luck with takedowns than Cain or Carwin.

When he had one arm or the time he just walked out of the ring vs NOG?

Did he even try to take nog down? After he KO'd Nog and nog woke up mid fight Josh let him up.

That is one of the best fights in History BTW..

Honestly. I feel like Werdum would be his kryptonite. I feel like he couldn't sub him and get frustrated. Mir is now and has always been a poorman's barnett.

chokeyou - 
orcus - 

Did he even try to take nog down? After he KO'd Nog and nog woke up mid fight Josh let him up.

Honestly. I feel like Werdum would be his kryptonite. I feel like he couldn't sub him and get frustrated. Mir is now and has always been a poorman's barnett.

Don't really know what you're talking about there. Crocop manhandled and mounted Josh in the second fight and destroyed him in the third. 

No idea what "KO" over Nog you're talking about.

Mir is nothing like Barnett. He is basically worse at everything in general, yet still more dangerous on the ground. 

orcus - 
chokeyou - 
orcus - 

Don't really know what you're talking about there. Crocop manhandled and mounted Josh in the second fight and destroyed him in the third. 

No idea what "KO" over Nog you're talking about.

Mir is nothing like Barnett. He is basically worse at everything in general, yet still more dangerous on the ground. 

Yes i know what i'm talking about.

He lost three times to Cro-cop. Once he gave up because he had a shoulder injury. Still a lose.

second after absorbing a huge shot (from on of the best strikers on the planet) he got mounted. Mirko couldn't finish him.

3rd was the same night turny right after a war with nog, which he won and Mirko had gone only 1 round vs. 3 for Josh.

Your point is Mirko was one of the best on the planet? Ok I agree. But how does that not make Barnett tough as shit? The guy has 37 pro fights and has lost to a prime Rizzo, Prime Mirko, Prime Nog and Prime Cormier and no one else. What kind of axe are you grinding that you hate on that record?

Love josh but he would get ktfo in the first round

Man, i hope this happens.

chokeyou -
eljamaiquino - 
chokeyou -
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -

You crazy!?

And if he couldn't, he would be lucky to get out of the first or second round against JDS. Same as Mir. Phone Post

Barnett is as tough as they come, he has only been KO'd by Rizzo (11 years ago) and finished by Cro Cop in the finale of the 2006 Pride GP. Barnett has a chin of granite and an impossibly large heart.

Don't forget his holding Randy down and beating on him when randy was in his prime. He beat Nog in his prime. Barnett is as good as there ever was.

make fights and i think he forces JDS to an uncomfortable place. No idea who wins (other than the fans) but i'd rather see it than CainvsJDS2.

Zuffa should have JDS fight Cormier, Barnett fight Reem, winners fight for the belt.

Micro turny.

Barnett used roids to beat Randy. In fact, that fight made the AC start overturning results if pepple fail the test. Nog decision was not clearcut either. Josh has great subs but his wrestling isn't good enough to take down JDS.... Phone Post

so.......

Shall i list them?

I watch them, but I don't use performances that they tested positive for as a reference for how they would do clean. See Silva/Sonnen 1 vs 2... Phone Post

I think that Josh would beat Cain, 50/50 with Overeem, but I would bet 2 Saints heavy if they fought. Junior's TDD is too good and Josh's standup isn't good enough. It might not be a finish, but it would be brutal

Barnett is a bad match up for a lot of guys!

eljamaiquino - 
chokeyou -
eljamaiquino - 
chokeyou -
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -

You crazy!?

Micro turny.

so.......

Shall i list them?

I watch them, but I don't use performances that they tested positive for as a reference for how they would do clean. See Silva/Sonnen 1 vs 2... Phone Post

OK. I'll accept that.

Out of curiosity, Randy had a TRT and a HGH exemption. How do you clarify that?

Not being a dick. Totally curious.

Olive Garden Table For One - 

I think that Josh would beat Cain, 50/50 with Overeem, but I would bet 2 Saints heavy if they fought. Junior's TDD is too good and Josh's standup isn't good enough. It might not be a finish, but it would be brutal

I bet he'd be a heavy fav. i'd bet Barnett, not because im sure he'd win, but because he'd bet great value.

Prob +300

I bet 1 hundred on Barnett to win three vs anyone.

chokeyou - 
Olive Garden Table For One - 

<br />
I bet he'd be a heavy fav. i'd bet Barnett, not because im sure he'd win, but because he'd bet great value.<br />
<br />
Prob +300<br />
<br />
I bet 1 hundred on Barnett to win three vs anyone.</blockquote>

If BJ is +225 against a kind of green Rory, then +300 would be reasonable, if not low for Josh in that fight. I'd have to use my usual criteria in making that bet: Is JDS 3x the fighter Josh is? No. Can the underdog dictate where and how the fight takes place? Most likely not. Has the fave every lost to or looked bad against a guy like the dog? JDS has one loss, and it was by submission, but it was a million years ago. I'd say that Werdum, Mir and Gonzaga would be the best comparisions and they all got smoked. Can the fave dictate where and how the fight plays out? Yes. I have no doubts about it.

Safe bet on Junior 2 Saints when the 3 Cro Cop fights are considered

Kanabull -
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay - 

You crazy!?

People have said this about JDS but I bet Junior is a beast on the ground. JDS is super strong and agile.

JDS is a brown belt in BJJ if I remember correctly. But this is Josh Barnett we are talking about. If JDS fought Barnett and the fight hit the floor, JDS would get manhandled. Sure, JDS is probably good on the ground but when you take into account that his only loss was by submission (armbar) and we haven't seen a lot of his ground game I think it's pretty safe to say that Barnett would "big-brother" him on the mat. Phone Post

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay - 
Kanabull -
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay - 

You crazy!?

JDS is a brown belt in BJJ if I remember correctly. But this is Josh Barnett we are talking about. If JDS fought Barnett and the fight hit the floor, JDS would get manhandled. Sure, JDS is probably good on the ground but when you take into account that his only loss was by submission (armbar) and we haven't seen a lot of his ground game I think it's pretty safe to say that Barnett would "big-brother" him on the mat. Phone Post

this...

Has Josh ever been submitted?

I'd be happy if they booked Barnett vs Mir, tbh I thunk that's a entertaining fight. Phone Post

McBottery -
chokeyou -
McBottery -  Barnett is not getting JDS down.

JDS is a much better striker than Cormier.

This fight would go very badly for Barnett.

To be honest though I highly doubt he will be able to work his way to a title shot. I don't see him beating JDS, Cain, Overeem, or DC. Phone Post

Barnett would annihilate Reem. Reem is too one dimensional and barnett would toy with him.

Cain, better match up.

I think Cormier is the best heavy in the world.

I've said on here for 6 month Cormier beats JDS.

Oh jeez, you said it? Well it must be true then. Thread over. Phone Post

Haha Phone Post

chokeyou -
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay - 
Kanabull -
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay - 

You crazy!?

this...

Has Josh ever been submitted?

Technically when he lost to Cro Cop because of his injury that was a "submission" but otherwise no, Barnett has never been traditionally submitted in his entire career and considering the fighters he has faced, that is astonishing. Phone Post

Sal Penis - 

Jds vs Barnett would be a war. No way jds can get a quick KO. He couldnt put away old cropcop or carwin. Phone Post

either you are a troll or have never seen carwin fight. the guy can take shots like no other.

on topic: barnett is nowhere near durable enough to last more than a round or two with jds