Would Bisping-Silva sell out a stadium in England?

Wilson_20 - 
Pancake Syrup - They should do it at new Wembley Stadium since they are so obsessed with doing it in a soccer stadium. Could get a good 93,000 in there for it

They wouldn't get 93,000 at a show in England Phone Post

You don't think they would if Anderson fucking Silva was on the card vs Michael Bisping the countryman? Besides it's not going to be only people from England showing up

ajc1984 - Ricky Hatton is a huge star in the UK, Bisping is a nobody.

Ricky Hatton's name speaks for itself but Bisping is really a nobody? He obviously isn't celebrity status but never knew of irrelevant he was :/

It's still largely ignored by main stream media over here. Even if Bisping won it would get no extra coverage, that's how depressing it is. It's embarrassing.
I think you could get 40k tops but they would be the most passionate and vocal 40k you could find anywhere on the planet.
If they slashed the ticket prices you could get thousands of casuals and turn them into die hards but we're years away from filling Wembley stadium. Phone Post

As a brit mma fan who has been to a good chunk of the ufc's in the uk, i think a stadium of around 25 thousand would be optimistic, i'd be surprised if this happened. Put it this way, i live in sunderland, when ross pearson)from the city) won the ultimate fighter he got less than half page in the back of the sunderland echo, at the very fringes of the sports section. Its just not a big sport here yet. I could count on one hand the times i've heard mma mentioned at all in the media. And most of those were when alex reid was a celeb for a while.

Mexican Janitor - 

Ricky Hatton's name speaks for itself but Bisping is really a nobody? He obviously isn't celebrity status but never knew of irrelevant he was :/

Bisping did a bit part role in hollyoaks, a british soap, and has done some djing, thats as famous as he is. Hatton is front page news.

Mexican Janitor - 

He's completely irrelevant, if I stopped 100 people where I lived and said his name, 99 of them wouldn't have a clue.

I'm a Brit who has never been to a live UFC event.

I'd ensure I got a ticket for a chance to watch the GOAT.

People are talking solely about the drawing power of Bisping, I'd be a Brit paying to see Anderson. Phone Post

To be fair to the count, nobody in the U.K knows who that Silva bloke is either.

Not saying its impossible, just unlikely.

40/50k I could see happening, anything more is awfully optimistic Phone Post

the UFC doesnt have a good enough TV deal/exposure in the UK yet to be thinking about stadiums...

Zuffa is planning 2 big events in the summer:

A stadium show in Brazil (which will have the brazil tuf finale, werdum vs big nog and probably JDS/Overeem)

The July 4th card with fan expo... this is the card where Anderson will probably fight Bisping. 

If Cain wins then he'll likely fight Overeem in July and Anderson will fight Bisping in Brazil.

They should wait for Maracana to be finished and put Anderson vs Jones there. Phone Post

I don't think we could fill a stadium over here for an MMA event personally. MMA is still a marginal sport and people on the periphery wouldn't be willing to pay Danas ridiculous prices. If it happens I'm all for travelling to Brazil! Phone Post

Bisping is a good fighter but shouldn't get the shot.

Wideman,Cung Le, Munoz ,Lombard should all be in front of him Phone Post

ThEUniT - Bisping is a good fighter but shouldn't get the shot.

Go troll another thread. Phone Post

Chimp Strength -
ThEUniT - Bisping is a good fighter but shouldn't get the shot.

Go troll another thread. Phone Post

How is this trolling. I like Bisping and admit he's a top fighter but want to see him fight Hector Lombard or Wideman first. That's just my input but if he gets the shot more power to him and hope it a sell out crowd... Phone Post

MMALOGIC - 

the UFC doesnt have a good enough TV deal/exposure in the UK yet to be thinking about stadiums...

Zuffa is planning 2 big events in the summer:

A stadium show in Brazil (which will have the brazil tuf finale, werdum vs big nog and probably JDS/Overeem)

The July 4th card with fan expo... this is the card where Anderson will probably fight Bisping. 

If Cain wins then he'll likely fight Overeem in July and Anderson will fight Bisping in Brazil.

This is exactly it.

If UFC had a presence on sky sports and thus had the sky sports news channel regularly mention it, it would be a different story.

Dont think UFC care about UFC at all.

They are happy to just give crap cards for people who are vaguely familair with the sport and would go watch simply because of the brand name.

With Gary cook now onboard looking after the uk/euro interests it would likely be at the etihad stadium if it were to happen. A more realistic 50k seats rather than the 90k of wembley stadium. Phone Post

No way in the world would they sell out a football stadium. MMA isn't mainstream, nobody knows who bisping is. Phone Post

Devlin - As a brit mma fan who has been to a good chunk of the ufc's in the uk, i think a stadium of around 25 thousand would be optimistic, i'd be surprised if this happened. Put it this way, i live in sunderland, when ross pearson)from the city) won the ultimate fighter he got less than half page in the back of the sunderland echo, at the very fringes of the sports section. Its just not a big sport here yet. I could count on one hand the times i've heard mma mentioned at all in the media. And most of those were when alex reid was a celeb for a while.

My Mrs is from Sunderland and didnt en know how Pearson was Phone Post