Would Fedor vs. Bobby Lashley sell in Pride2.0 ???

Just a thought. Kinda freak show-ish, pro wrestler vs. GOAT thing that Japan seems to love. Phone Post 3.0

Not interested AT ALL personally.

Is Lashley even B league? Or C?

How about he gets passed Thompson first lmao Phone Post 3.0

That's the exact kind of BS opponent I'm expecting them to give Fedor.

TheBigRedOne - Lashley is fighting Josh Thompson again! ROTFL!!

Josh has some big balls to fight Bobby with that much size difference.

Blueyevil - 
TheBigRedOne - Lashley is fighting Josh Thompson again! ROTFL!!

Josh has some big balls to fight Bobby with that much size difference.

LMAO

It would sell no more than Fedor vs his local barber. I think you can all stop trolling now... there a few fights that make sense in terms of worthy adversaries for Fedor and some fights that make sense in terms of marketing.

Fighters like Lashley, Ishi and Hong Man Choi have nothing to offer either way... Whoever keeps mentioning them are either trolling or just have no idea that Sakukibara spends 2.5 millions already for this fight... I doubt he'd be willing to see them go to waste by signing a nobody opponent.

Not trolling at all. I was a huge pride fan and read a lot about their behind the scenes stuff. Everything I've ever read says they don't give a sh!t about quality of fight, that's why I asked would it sell? I want this organization to make it. If that means 3 freak shows before they have him fight a semi legitimate HW and the org survives then so be it. Phone Post 3.0

Why do people care so much if it will "sell"? Phone Post 3.0

rockafella - Why do people care so much if it will "sell"? Phone Post 3.0
Because we want to see fedor keep fighting and also it would be great to see another org out there that my favorite fighters could go to and make a living. Phone Post 3.0

stielar - It would sell no more than Fedor vs his local barber. I think you can all stop trolling now... there a few fights that make sense in terms of worthy adversaries for Fedor and some fights that make sense in terms of marketing.

Fighters like Lashley, Ishi and Hong Man Choi have nothing to offer either way... Whoever keeps mentioning them are either trolling or just have no idea that Sakukibara spends 2.5 millions already for this fight... I doubt he'd be willing to see them go to waste by signing a nobody opponent.

Who is a worthy adversary?

I think in Japan it can sell very well. Put Lashley in some jap game shows first and let them become enamored with his physique, Overeem or Bob Sapp style.

Brock vs Lashley would be fun lol

pud12 - 
stielar - It would sell no more than Fedor vs his local barber. I think you can all stop trolling now... there a few fights that make sense in terms of worthy adversaries for Fedor and some fights that make sense in terms of marketing.

Who is a worthy adversary?

Not that I am educated enough or some kind of a fight expert, but just for fun and for the sake of argument, I would consider the following as worthy opponents for Fedor, bearing in mind it's his first fight after a 3 year lay-off at age 38:

- Arona, in case he'd return
- King Mo
- McGeary (not going to happen, he's fighting Davis)
- Phil Davis (same here)
- Minakov (not going to happen)
- Kharitonov (also doubt it'll happen)
- A healthy Brock Lesnar

There are also fights that make sense in terms of marketing but wouldn't mean much in terms of where Fedor is at:

- Kimbo
- Couture (not saying he is not a worthy opponet, it's just that his age makes it more of a marketing move than anything else)
- Ortiz
- Kongo

Would love to see Fedor vs Lashley tbh. Can Fedor still crush another large wrestler? Will Lashley ever have a breakout performance to see if he's for real? Bobby, Kongo, or Mo is the best we can hope for really.

A Kimbo fight is just silly. It would have to be Kimbo & Dada 5000 vs Fedor in a handicap match. And Fedor isn't the handicapped side either.

Fedor is my favorite fighter but I don't think any of his fights in any organization really sold very well at all.

luctaro - I think in Japan it can sell very well. Put Lashley in some jap game shows first and let them become enamored with his physique, Overeem or Bob Sapp style.
This isn't a bad idea. Phone Post 3.0

Don't laugh. It sure would.

BrocksSword -
xx72novaxx - Just a thought. Kinda freak show-ish, pro wrestler vs. GOAT thing that Japan seems to love. Phone Post 3.0
He isn't the Goat Phone Post 3.0
I agree. I'm in the Anderson camp here. Just figured I'd get lynched on the UG for not giving the nod to fedor. Also made a little sense for the sake of the thread. Phone Post 3.0

ITS FREE!!

and free shit always sells

BonesNose - ITS FREE!!

and free shit always sells
Yeah you're right, maybe I should have focused on ratings, attendance, fervor etc. I just want this to succeed both for the organizations involved and fedor Phone Post 3.0