Would Floyd Mayweather Still be Dominant If...

...his fights were fought with MMA gloves instead of boxing gloves? Meaning, would he have gotten hurt at some point by shots he was (rarely) caught with since there wouldn't have been so much padding? It seems to me that his style is tailor-made for boxing gloves only. Maybe I'm wrong? Which one of his opponents would've put him out if they were fighting with MMA gloves?

Prime, 135 lb Mayweather?  His hands were brittle. 

Was going to same as playwright. I don't think the 4oz gloves would treat his hands very well

4oz gloves would require less power to KO someone, so Floyd's hands would've been fine. 

Floyd would be fine without huge gloves, his reflexes and anticipation make him one of the boxers that would have more an advantage if everyone was wearing mma gloves.

ANT_P1989 - 

4oz gloves would require less power to KO someone, so Floyd's hands would've been fine. 

I guess, but wouldn’t he be put out by just one shot at some point by a super power puncher? I’m not arguing; I’m asking.

Kostakio -
ANT_P1989 - 

I guess, but wouldn’t he be put out by just one shot at some point by a super power puncher? I’m not arguing; I’m asking.

Doubt it because Floyd with boxing gloves didn’t rely on deflecting punches off of his gloves. He mostly relied on moving completely out of the way or rolling the punches off of his shoulder. So using 4oz would only make his hands much more deadly and more accurate than they already are.

The only way he gets KOd would be from fighting too long (If his career was 50-0 in 4oz gloves).

A prime Mosley would’ve merked Mayweather 

The truth is that we don’t know. Floyd’s style obviously would have been different if the gloves were different.

With no style adjustments, he is a guy who would have had a lot to lose with the switch to MMA gloves.