Would Glover Teixeira have defeated Daniel Cormier?

People point to a nearly retired Glover becoming champion as clear sign of regression of the LHW division, but if we were to put the Glover who fought Thiago Santos and Jiri vs the DC who fought Stipe and Derrick Lewis, who would come out on top? They are both so dangerous anywhere the fight goes

Id say DC wins pretty easy. Clinch against cage, some dirty boxing, etc.

7 Likes

Dc via any method he chooses

6 Likes

I think it is a closer match than some think. I’d say DC wins 6-7 out of 10. Glover is a tough mf’er and has decent wrestling but also has good bjj. His hands are better than DC.

Most def

1 Like

DC outwrestles him. Dont forget how a prime Glover got blanketed by Phil Davis and Corey Anderson.

2 Likes

Is this a serious question? I love Glover he is a badass but DC would handle him with relative ease.

4 Likes

I love Glover but I don’t think he beats DC. Maybe Glover wins if the fight goes to the 5th and DC can’t get a takedown, it goes to Glover having a punchers chance. I can’t see Glover taking DC down

2 Likes

2 Likes

DC would win but Glover has superior grappling and punching imo

Superior submissions I mean

DC would steamroll him imo.

1 Like

Could Glover not replicate what Stipe did to him twice?

DC was like 250 by that point :thinking:

DC was a better fighter than Glover, no question. Glover and Jan both largely lucked out to become champions due to retirements and moves to Bellator. They just stuck around long enough and seized an opening.

4 Likes

Eyepoked then koed, then lost one to two?
But i think dc has better striking/faster then glover i may be wrong

Speed kills. DC is a lot faster than Glover.

1 Like

Dc would handle Glover no problem

Stipe fucked him up twice. I guess I’m questioning DC’s abilities after those two losses

I think it’s more competitive than everyone’s making it sound, DC was only champ because Jones left. The Glover we’ve had the last 2 years is the best we’ve ever seen him. I’d pick DC of course but I don’t see it as the washout a lot of you are making it sound like, Champ DC vs Champ Glover would be dope.

1 Like

A lot of people forget Glover’s daily training with Alex Pereira has upgraded his striking from when he fought guys like Gustaffson