Would it be cool if Coker went after actors?

The Brock thread had me thinking. Saw so many comments of "If Brock got into MMA earlier" etc, and I've always wondered about this.

I know Coker is currently going for the freakshow exhibitions to raise Bellator's awareness (which I can't stand, don't care to see washed up grandad legends fighting for a buck), but I get why he's doing it, just as Zuffa's dumb choice for CM Punk.

But if Coker wanted some exhibition fights, wouldn't it be cool to get martial arts actors for some well matched MMA fights? I'm talking legit guys like Michael Jai White (whom I'm sure if current-Zuffa UFC was around and as big as it is now but in the 90s, he would've been in); a truly high calibre stand up with titles to show for it. Also heard he is a BJJ purple?

Even someone like Scott Adkins (aka Boyka) would be a great choice. Not a huge name, but he can definitely fight and isn't just a "for show" movie fighter. Would be great if he had an MMA fight to raise the profile of the next Undisputed.

Equally, I think much like Arnold, a true cross-over fighter and actor would certainly raise the profile of MMA (not Ronda).

Even someone like Tom Hardy would probably be down for that.

Basically, I'd rather watch Michael Jai White (pre roids) or Scott Adkins fight than CM Punk.

Probably not, though by all accounts, he seems like someone game for most things.

But forget about him, guys like Scott Adkins and Michael Jai White were who I had in mind. White is too old (and too muscule-bound) now to ever do it, but Scott Adkins would be a great choice. Trains MMA and trains with fighters over here in the UK too.

I imagine he's another one that would've been in the MMA scene if it were about when he started acting.

There are some superstars on TNA roster they can probably get access. Not sure why they haven't gone down that road yet.

don't care to see washed up grandad legends fighting for a buck

Come on, OP, no love for the Masters division? I say, let those guys get paid. :)

As far as actors go, I'm with you - if they're legit martial artists rather than dudes who just learn some choreographed moves for an action flick here and there, I'm down.

Hell, I still wish that Rogan vs. Snipes thing would have materialized.

Yes, i can see celeb fights being the future for sure. Phone Post 3.0

Bieber Vs. The Rock Phone Post 3.0

I saw Batista fight. I would hope your idea would provide better fights... Phone Post 3.0

Mark wahlberg is as much of a fighter as Cm punk is.
In fact i"d put money in mark if they ever did fight.
See what zuffa opened the door to? God damnit hahha Phone Post 3.0

Chris Benoit was suppose to be looking at mma not long before his demise...

Shia Lebouf (sp?) seems crazy enough for this shit. And supposedly knocked out Tom Hardy on the set of Lawless. Phone Post 3.0

How legit is Tony Jaa? One Bak still fuckin rules Phone Post 3.0

Amagov_Couldve_Been_King - The Brock thread had me thinking. Saw so many comments of "If Brock got into MMA earlier" etc, and I've always wondered about this.

I know Coker is currently going for the freakshow exhibitions to raise Bellator's awareness (which I can't stand, don't care to see washed up grandad legends fighting for a buck), but I get why he's doing it, just as Zuffa's dumb choice for CM Punk.

But if Coker wanted some exhibition fights, wouldn't it be cool to get martial arts actors for some well matched MMA fights? I'm talking legit guys like Michael Jai White (whom I'm sure if current-Zuffa UFC was around and as big as it is now but in the 90s, he would've been in); a truly high calibre stand up with titles to show for it. Also heard he is a BJJ purple?

Even someone like Scott Adkins (aka Boyka) would be a great choice. Not a huge name, but he can definitely fight and isn't just a "for show" movie fighter. Would be great if he had an MMA fight to raise the profile of the next Undisputed.

Equally, I think much like Arnold, a true cross-over fighter and actor would certainly raise the profile of MMA (not Ronda).

Even someone like Tom Hardy would probably be down for that.

Uh, are you talking about Schwarzenegger? the 65 year old who looks like a fat old man without roids and to my knowledge has no combat experience?