Would Ken have beat Kimbo?

If they had actually fought in Elitexc?

I think Ken obviously had the tools and experience to beat Kimbo but he was pretty driven by purely money reasons at that point.

Kimbo was pretty much in his prime then and had destroyed Tank and beat Thompson.

Would have been an interesting fight for sure.

Be honest, who did u guys have winning the fight at the time? Phone Post 3.0

Ken would have taken him down and beat him.

Of course there is that heavy punch, but guess it's 5-1 in kens favor

I think Kimbo would have won because the fight was fixed. Ken was going to take a dive.

BigWilliam - I think Kimbo would have won because the fight was fixed. Ken was going to take a dive.
Yeah probably unfortunately Phone Post 3.0

I think Ken was going to take a dive and the cut was a convenient way of him backing out Phone Post 3.0

I think it was fixed and Ken decided to hold them up for more money last second.

As in, "Pay me more or I embarrass your guy on CBS".

They decided they'd grab anyone and since it wasn't a guy with a name that meant he had no shot of beating Kimbo.

They screwed up and Seth made history. Phone Post 3.0

JeffersonDArcyChoke - I think it was fixed and Ken decided to hold them up for more money last second.

They decided they'd grab anyone and since it wasn't a guy with a name that meant he had no shot of beating Kimbo.

I think you are probably very close to the truth. 

I'm not a big conspiracy guy, but after watching Tank purposefully fall on his face against Kimbo like he was KO'd I realized some shady shit was going on.  Tank's dive to Kimbo was one of the worst I've ever seen.  Early Pride works were better.

I doubt it was Ken trying to hold them up for more money at the last minute though.  Probably some other conflict they had that wasn't being resolved to Ken's satisfaction and he just said fuck it.

Soup and Beer -
JeffersonDArcyChoke - I think it was fixed and Ken decided to hold them up for more money last second.

I'm not a big conspiracy guy, but after watching Tank purposefully fall on his face against Kimbo like he was KO'd I realized some shady shit was going on.  Tank's dive to Kimbo was one of the worst I've ever seen.  Early Pride works were better.

I doubt it was Ken trying to hold them up for more money at the last minute though.  Probably some other conflict they had that wasn't being resolved to Ken's satisfaction and he just said fuck it.

Really? I thought it looked pretty legit. Ill have to rewatch it Phone Post 3.0

teamquestnorth - 
Soup and Beer -

Really? I thought it looked pretty legit. Ill have to rewatch it Phone Post 3.0

It's been awhile since I've seen it but watch the way he falls.  That was the tip off (for me at least).  The prior Kimbo fight where the guy taps out after getting punched in the shoulder didn't help to make it look legitimate either.

CormierCumminsideme - 

tank got rabbit punched by Kimbo & seriously tagged before the KO. I don't think it was a work 

I'm not going to try and counter your opinion.  I just quoted you because I am hoping you lost a screen name bet and that is not your chosen one lol.

Into a living death. If it wasn't fixed. Which it would have been.

as long as ken fought smart

JeffersonDArcyChoke - I think it was fixed and Ken decided to hold them up for more money last second.

Yep. I think this was the rumour circulating around. I think ken found out how much Kimbo was getting and wanted more money. They said no so he purposely got cut to fuck them over. Phone Post 3.0

If Ken didn't stand and wang, he'd win. He is pretty damn strong when not cutting weight to appease Tito. I'd see him clinching with Kimbo and getting a trip. From there Mr Slice is a turtle on his back.

kungfugrip - Ken would have taken him down and beat him.

Of course there is that heavy punch, but guess it's 5-1 in kens favor
Kimbo's power was so underwhelming. Phone Post 3.0

BigWilliam - I think Kimbo would have won because the fight was fixed. Ken was going to take a dive.

This is what I think as well.

I realize it's vogue to say Kimbo would lose to anybody but the truth is he wouldn't.

This is the guy who tossed Mitrione around until he gassed, KO'd James Thompson and Tank Abbott, choked out Mercer and went 2 rounds with Roy Nelson.

Ken Shamrock was at LEAST as shot as Tank Abbott losing to scrubs in Cage Rage.

Kimbo would've put him away.

You can go back to saying how everybody beats him now.

I don't think Ken was beating anyone by that point of his career.

Ken wins in the cage, Kimbo wins in the street.

Just kidding, Ken wins both. Phone Post 3.0

ABE FROMAN -

I realize it's vogue to say Kimbo would lose to anybody but the truth is he wouldn't.

This is the guy who tossed Mitrione around until he gassed, KO'd James Thompson and Tank Abbott, choked out Mercer and went 2 rounds with Roy Nelson.

Ken Shamrock was at LEAST as shot as Tank Abbott losing to scrubs in Cage Rage.

Kimbo would've put him away.

You can go back to saying how everybody beats him now.

Pass some of whatever you're smoking this way. Phone Post 3.0