would leave church if minister...?

What would make you leave a church?

One thing for me would be if I saw the minister smoking...

you?

A lot, probably. But ther's lots of churches, so you can just keep moving til you find something that fits.

I strongly recomend that you find a church that fits.

There are many vain spiritual leaders out there.

There are many things. Im with gotgame here. Find a place you can call home.

IF the minister was not being a part of the community of faith, I would leave.

the rev

Then focus on Jesus and not on all the hypocrites. By focusing on them you become one yourself. Focusing on Jesus helps you to see all the hypocrites in a better Light, as people in need of your prayers, struggling with the same human struggles as you, as your brothers and sisters in Christ.

I don't know about that, Jesus was pretty damn hard on the hypocrites.

the rev

I don't "Go" to church.

Jesus was hard on them out of tough love. He came for all of us, including the hypocrites.

I haven't been to church in a while because it seemed like once a pastor became a bishop, he stopped praying, stopped reading the bible, and became an administrator/ beuarocrat and not a shepherd.

when I see the minister playing politics, I'm out the door

I agree, but in todays modern church the pastor usually is required to have atleast a masters degree, he acts as CEO of a medium sized corporation, he is on call 24/7, he is a counselor, a leader, and a public speaker. He oversees large budgets, many different sub groups, sometimes a very large staff etc.

If you compare that to the secular world most pastors are underpaid. This is not support for high salaries for minister, but more a call to go back to the grass roots, community based ministry Jesus started.

the rev