Would prime Randy have grinded Francis?

I think Randy would have beat Ngannou the same way. Fran didnt land a single flush shot that night tjat would have stopped the natural

Love Randy, but not many men would walk through what stipe did tonight. He just made it look easy. 

Nope. Stipe is simply that good.

He can control the stand up and KO most guys and he can control the ground against any fighter that might pose a threat to Stipe in the stand up.

Not a chance

Probably. Randy was an Olympic athlete for the US.

Randy’s wrestling and clinch is better than Stipe’s, but his chin wasn’t. I think Francis is more likely to finish Randy than Stipe.

Offensively he might have the ability to grind, but I don't think with his size there is any way he could take the shots from Ngannou that Stipe did.

Randy dosnt have the crisp weaving and rolling that got stipe out if the first round so no.

JJ would, Randy would have eaten a punch that would have finished him

Lol no

Ruckus24 - 

Randy dosnt have the crisp weaving and rolling that got stipe out if the first round so no.

Actually, he did demonstrate this skill in his first Chuck fight. But I agree, generally. He’d get clipped.

Randy would have won.

I think prime Randy would gameplan the fella and wear him down.

Roided randy absolutely

The,beast that manhandled prime gonzaga no kod manhandled gonzaga

bdpreddit - 
SpredSavage - 

I think prime Randy would gameplan the fella and wear him down.

I actually think a prime Randy would KO the guy in the third. Randy’s boxing was on when he was 230.

I think if Randy won, it wouldn’t be by decision. An exhausted Francis versus Randy would be slaughtered on the mat.

What is prime Couture?

From 98-2006, Randy lost to the following:

Enson Inoue

Some Russian dude

Overeem’s brother (2001)

Josh Barnett (2002)

Ricco Rodriguez

Vitor Belfort

Chuck Liddell (2005 & 2006)

He was KO’d in quite a few of those fights.

I enjoyed watching Randy work. Always been a big fan of wrestlers. However, I don’t think he could get past the first or second round with Ngannou to drag it to deep waters. He’s not even close to the same size a Stipe, as athletic as Stipe nor had the chin of Stipe. Randy was 6’ and had no pop in the stand up.

It’s a totally different fight for Ngannou when you consider size and power differences between stipe and Randy. I would go as far as saying Ngannou would not have gotten nearly as exhausted against a much smaller opponent especially early on.

Whether some of you want to admit it or not, Stipe is that good. When it comes to heavies throughout the history of this sport. Their have been very few big men who possessed all of the skill sets that Stipe brings to the table. Athleticism, size, wrestling, boxing, power, speed & one punch KO ability. Tell me another heavy that had all of these tools.

keithws2 - What is prime Couture?

From 98-2006, Randy lost to the following:

Enson Inoue

Some Russian dude

Overeem’s brother (2001)

Josh Barnett (2002)

Ricco Rodriguez

Vitor Belfort

Chuck Liddell (2005 & 2006)

He was KO’d in quite a few of those fights.

I enjoyed watching Randy work. Always been a big fan of wrestlers. However, I don’t think he could get past the first or second round with Ngannou to drag it to deep waters. He’s not even close to the same size a Stipe, as athletic as Stipe nor had the chin of Stipe. Randy was 6’ and had no pop in the stand up.

It’s a totally different fight for Ngannou when you consider size and power differences between stipe and Randy. I would go as far as saying Ngannou would not have gotten nearly as exhausted against a much smaller opponent especially early on.

Whether some of you want to admit it or not, Stipe is that good. When it comes to heavies throughout the history of this sport. Their have been very few big men who possessed all of the skill sets that Stipe brings to the table. Athleticism, size, wrestling, boxing, power, speed & one punch KO ability. Tell me another heavy that had all of these tools.

Randy would likely destroy Francis in practice - light sparring, hard grappling. He was way more skilled.

But Francis hits too hard and fast, I think, for Randy to make it to deep waters with him.

No.