Would Randy Have Won if it Went Five Rounds?

...he looked really good for a guy that lost a fight.I think if he had more time he would have found a way to win(or maybe not).I am actually looking forward to him fighting again.Nog won no doubt,but Randy hung in pretty good with a guy that might just be the guy to take Brock's belt.

No.

Nog won all of the first 3 rounds, knocked him down twice and worked his way into mount twice. Couture was impressive in defeat but he wouldn't have won the fight if it had gone 5 rounds.

He would've needed to finish Nog, which wouldn't have happened since Nog isn't suffering from a staff infection & torn meniscus.

He would have gotten more tired, and more beaten up. A longer fight isn't going to help a 46 year old.

fight should have been stopped on secon knock down/KO look at Sandy's body as she fell down, she was knocked out!

In a word, no.

B_Goetz - He would have gotten more tired, and more beaten up. A longer fight isn't going to help a 46 year old.

...don't get me wrong NOG won!Randy though was not gassed.He has only been in two 3 round fights in his UFC career.If Nog couldn't finish him in three, Four and Five would have been an advantage to Randy.Great and deserved win for NOG!

the sweep right at the end should tell you, no

and that fight could have easily been stopped already.

He would have probably gotten KO'd standing. He was catching Nog, but Nog wasn't caring. Everytime Nog touched Randy, Randy knew it.

lol at late rounds being an advantage for Randy over Nog. Especially at 46 and especially after taking a beating. And also add in the fact that Randy had to finish in those two rounds against Nog, who outside of one fight has been impossible to finish by any means.

either guy coulda been kod standing

randy wasnt gonna win on the ground though

D_S_A - the sweep right at the end should tell you, no

and that fight could have easily been stopped already.

YEs it should have been stopped on the second knock down, it was a KO

I can't imagine him finishing Nog in the 4th/5th, and Nog looked to be in excellent shape still after 3 himself

But I still would have loved to have seen another 2 rounds, awesome fight

1 - no.

#2 - if it were a 5 round fight, they both would have approached it differently.

#3 - it doesn't matter.

#4 - I'm an equal fan of both Randy and Nog, but this thread reeks of rationalization, as many threads do after events.

if the UFC outlawed RNC's and fence-pushing was as good as a KO, would Florian have beaten BJ? discuss!

Nog dominated the entire fight. Dropped randy multiple times, swept Randy twice, controlled him on the ground, etc. Nog seemed immune to Randy's standup. The only thing Randy did on the ground was attempt to stall and survive.

The Notorious OMG - #1 - no.

#2 - if it were a 5 round fight, they both would have approached it differently.

#3 - it doesn't matter.

#4 - I'm an equal fan of both Randy and Nog, but this thread reeks of rationalization, as many threads do after events.

if the UFC outlawed RNC's and fence-pushing was as good as a KO, would Florian have beaten BJ? di.scuss!
...you really hate questions ,don't you.

Final sweep says a lot.