Would suing themselves allow the Reps to keep the.

When Trump's crew knows an action will be controversial and will bring lawsuits to halt his actions, what is stopping republicans from immediately bringing a lawsuit against their self in a much more favorable court i.e. keeping ball control?

What would they be looking to accomplish in this situation?

frivolous lawsuit, against rules of professional responsibility.

Candide -

Keeping a topic in conservative courts vs the far left courts that the left used to stop the immigration ban.  

This could easily be covertly by "disgruntled" republicans. 

Cire -
Candide -

Keeping a topic in conservative courts vs the far left courts that the left used to stop the immigration ban.  

This could easily be covertly by "disgruntled" republicans. 

Using the immigration EO as an example (and disgarding the merits of a TRO for a second), a lawsuit would position the Republican establishment against the Republican President. It's a losing proposition for both sides.

If the court  issues a TRO, it signals that the President signed an order that caused irreparable harm to legal citizens of the US. If the court doesn't, it means that American national interest would suffer the harm- implying that the republican establishment isn't concerned with national security.

in either case, it would give the dems ammo to say "see, even other republicans can see that this EO is unlawful."

^granted, that's my layman's opinion. I'm not a lawyer or political strategist.

The fact we even are having to talk about this shows how fucked Washington is

heavyd4561 -

The fact we even are having to talk about this shows how fucked Washington is

^Very true.   

It it is said the judicial system is now a team game, not an American game.  

^Your OP was exactly that, no? How to game the judicial system based on team politics?

^i understand.  But, it is just a possible counter to the left's very dirty playbook.   I wish tactics like this were unnecessary, but sitting back, while a constant barrage of lies and public manipulation continues, is not the answer.  Sometimes, offensives are necessary.