Would you be mad? RE:restaurant

We walked into a restaurant. They didn't have our table ready at our reservation time so we went and sat at the bar. I ordered for me and my wife the most expensive Champagne on their by the glass list.

My brother asked "Do you have xxxxxx?", bartender says yes. He brings us our drinks. We have a few rounds at the bar and my brother mentions, "This doesn't taste like xxxxxx."

We get seated. I now order the most expensive white wine on their list for me and Mrs Ned and my brother orders what he ordered at the bar.

The waitress says, "We don't carry that."

My brother says, "Yes you do , I just had it at the bar."

She leaves and comes back and says, "I am going to be honest with you, because I am not comfortable doing this." She puts the drink down, "This isn't xxxxx, we don't carry it. The bartender said to just give you this and tell you it is xxxxx."

What the fuck?

She brings him something else and our food comes.

At the end of the meal the manager comes over and we tell him what happened, and I tell him (and whi I pointed out we were ordering their most expensive wines), "How do I know he poiured the wines I ordered? Now I question everything that has been put in my glass."

He nods, and said I made a very good point. He then said he would talk to the bartender.

They didn't even offer a refund on the drinks at the bar that weren't what we ordered.

What would you do?

I would be annoyed and not go back, but I rarely go eat at sit down restaurants anyway so I don't have a strong opinion. 

I can't really relate to the idea of paying a lot of money for drinks as I think its a really stupid thing to spend money on, but if you are going to buy expensive drinks then I would understand getting pretty angry when those expensive drinks aren't what you ordered. 

That being said, you're paying a lot of money for poison so is it really that big of deal how high end the poison was?  Not even judging, I like getting fucked up from time to time too, but why do you order expensive wine?  Is it really that much better?

same as mihow. That would of been it for me and I would of walked out. I'd then have my gf write some shitty yelp review.

Don't go back. Give them a bad review.

But I have a rule I that don't fuck with people serving me food.

Isaac298 - same as mihow. That would of been it for me and I would of walked out. I'd then have my gf write some shitty yelp review.

I am an elite Yelper.

Negative Yelp review the shit out of those motherfuckers!

But yes, I'd be annoyed.

Chain or local place? I might be pissed enough to complain to the owner or corporate, but probably not. I'd just never go back.

Sounds like that paradise that is socal!

hooke - Negative Yelp review the shit out of those motherfuckers!

But yes, I'd be annoyed.

Chain or local place? I might be pissed enough to complain to the owner or corporate, but probably not. I'd just never go back.

It is a restaurant within a larger corporation. I don't know where else to go with the restaurant as I talked to a manager when it happened.

I posted a Yelp review, and contacted the parent company.

It is really bothering me though.

sugarhigh - 
mihow -

I would've walked out as soon as the server said that, with a cash tip for them if I had cash.

If the manager at that point offered to comp the full meal + 2 drinks each I would stay, but otherwise I would have left

That's crazy

Gotta agree.

If you are spending that kind of dough, you deserve better.... at least some kind of comp.

I’ve been comped for far less, and I hardly ever complain.

Thats BS. 

We spent about $400 between three of us.

GhettoDestro - Sounds like that paradise that is socal!

I wouldn't judge a whole region on a poor experience at one restaurant.

If everyone did that there would be no tourists in NYC at this momment.

First world problems...

That’s fucked up for sure.   They shouldn’t have charged for those said drinks and offered something else to comp.

And the fuck is an elite yelper lol.  I’d expect this from ned tho I guess 

I would never eat at a Benihana's again!

fanat - First world problems...

This is true.

It is a problem though, you just value it differently.

Josh - 

I would never eat at a Benihana's again!

I love Benihana. I hope you aren't disparaging Rocky Aoki's legacy. 

Jack Furious - Thrown a fit, demanded my money back for the drinks, make sure my shit was comped, gotten the owners contact info... Pretty much everything I could do short of hitting the bartender because I got punked in front of my family. Could not let that slide. I'd have shit on a dinner plate and left it on the bar. Fuck all that mess.

What did you do?

We spoke to the manager and explained what happened.

At this point our food was coming to the table so we ate.

I reached out to the owner, and the management of hotel the restaurant is in. I will see where that goes.

Not much else I could do, it was Christmas night, and there wouldn't be anywhere else to eat.

WALKED OUT WITHOUT PAYING.

BIGWHITESEXY - WALKED OUT WITHOUT PAYING.

You risk a run in with the police, and due to certain circumstances, that was not affordable.

At the point the waitress told us what happened, I had already settled the tab at the bar that had the lied about drinks on it.

Please cease and desist all negative talk about Benihana.

Thank you,

Management

Zned -

Please cease and desist all negative talk about Benihana.

Thank you,

Management

Is that the place where they do all the tricks with the knives and chuck shrimp at you?