Would you be offended if...

Someone called you "bud"

Example: You walk into a store, and an employee behind the counter greets you with "How's it going, bud?"

I said that to a guy that came in yesterday and he legit filed a complaint against me. All because I called him bud.

Am I missing something? Phone Post 3.0

I think he's missing something

Are you sure you didn't say "boy" and the fellow was an Afro American? Phone Post 3.0

I had a similar experience once with a black guy who came into the dealership I was managing. I often say bud in a casual conversation, this was particular fellow flopped his shirt. He went on about how it is offensive to black people because it implies they are all the same and not individuals. I asked several black dudes at work and they said he was full of shit. Phone Post 3.0

No but it does my head in a bit when people call me 'lad' or 'young en' especially when they arent a great deal older than me. Phone Post 3.0

"bud" no, "buddy" is another story and I get it all the fucking time. I'm 29 but I look young for my age and I'm only 5'10" so maybe that plays into it too. I dunno.

I'm offended you breath the same air as I do…

You got some nerve calling him bud Phone Post 3.0

What kind of store?

If I'm flying 1st class / business I wouldn't complain or anything but I'd definitely be surprised.

Some stores would have a similar effect to a pretentious prick on a bad day. But if you worked at a place like that you'd already know your clients.

So fuck him. Phone Post 3.0

No way. Thats fucking stupid Phone Post 3.0

A friend is a friend...a pal is a pal....but buddies sleep together.

Was he older than you? Might be a respect thing Phone Post 3.0

I hate "hey guy"....its rare but I'll occasionally run into people in the northeast who use this as a greeting Phone Post 3.0

I get called boss all the time Phone Post 3.0

Better than being called "bossman" or "chief" i suppose lol.

MartialArtsMixed - Was he older than you? Might be a respect thing Phone Post 3.0
He was upwards of 60. I work at RadioShack so maybe he thought I was some clueless dick calling him bud. Phone Post 3.0

I called my dad "man" once in passing and he got pissed. I was in highschool though. Now as a man in his thirties he doesnt say anything anymore. Phone Post 3.0

Mit - I called my dad "man" once in passing and he got pissed. I was in highschool though. Now as a man in his thirties he doesnt say anything anymore. Phone Post 3.0
Meaning im in thirties lol Phone Post 3.0

IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap -
MartialArtsMixed - Was he older than you? Might be a respect thing Phone Post 3.0
He was upwards of 60. I work at RadioShack so maybe he thought I was some clueless dick calling him bud. Phone Post 3.0
There you go, you just called an old man "buddy" I'd get pissed too. It's like a teen calling you "hey yo" at mcdonalds or something Phone Post 3.0

i call guys at work "babe"

cause it's funny to see there reaction:)

I'm not your bud, pal Phone Post 3.0