Would you buy this Jeep I would

Wow that's one helluva wheelbase. It looks cool, but I'd hate to drive it around on any normal roads/traffic every day.

I would buy that. I currently have a 2 door JK. 

angryinch -
White347LX - 
angryinch -

https://www.osv.ltd.uk/are-jeep-reliable/

ReliabilityIndex put Jeep 28th out of 39 for dependability, with a reliability index of 170. This isn’t that much below the industry average, but it’s still not a great score.

Consumer Reports place Jeep as one of the worst car brands for dependability in 2016, they also don’t recommend any Jeep models. They also placed them as the worst for car value in 2014 as well, beating the likes of the Fiat 500L, who were once called the worst car on the market.

In conclusion, Jeep are not a dependable brand. They were once very reliable, but this is no longer the case for a number of reasons. One of these reasons is that the infotainment system is slow and glitchy, and this can cause a huge amount of dissatisfaction amongst customers and lower the dependability score. There is also the dreaded Death Wobble, which can occur when the suspension is thrown out of equilibrium. However, people buy Jeep’s because of their heritage and prestige, not for their dependability. If you want a Jeep, the chances are you will buy a Jeep. And if you want a car that comes with as much history as that, then you can’t go wrong. If you are looking for a reliable SUV however, then you should look elsewhere.

Yet they’re still more fun than anything available today other than fast cars, imo.

A car that spends more time being worked on by mechanics than being driven by me is hardly what I'd call fun.  

Lol,they’re not that bad but yeah, fiat is doing Chrysler no favors in the engineering department.

Maybe. Would need to test drive it first.

angryinch -

Nor would I call a car that starts bouncing and wobbling like something out of a slapstick comedy movie every time it drives over a pebble "fun."

They don’t do that in good condition with no lift.  That happens when people lift it too much for the stock short control arms which amplified the effect of any looseness in ball joints, tie rods or track bars.  I’ve fixed that problem on many TJs.

looks like something a youtube survival gear reviewer would drive.

White347LX -
ufc98newb -

not sure about the grill/front end

That’s the part that’s most like a m715.

Jeepers Creepers

I love jeeps, but i couldnt see driving one as a primary vehicle for work/etc. I’d love one to tool around on the weekends though. Ive owned every type of car there is and none are more reliable than honda/acura. Jeeps can be money traps. 

If it came with a high caliber machine gun mounted to the top I would have to give it serious consideration.

No thanks. I will keep my AEV Brute Double Cab w/ 6.4 Hemi.

ufc98newb - 

The grill from the concept car is not a possibility. That grill has too many quality control issues in production... no way Jeep would roll that out in stock.

Benntheredunthat - Wow that's one helluva wheelbase. It looks cool, but I'd hate to drive it around on any normal roads/traffic every day.

Kinda true. My conversion has a wider turn radius than my Tundra.

angryinch -

ReliabilityIndex put Jeep 28th out of 39 for dependability, with a reliability index of 170. This isn’t that much below the industry average, but it’s still not a great score.

Consumer Reports place Jeep as one of the worst car brands for dependability in 2016, they also don’t recommend any Jeep models. They also placed them as the worst for car value in 2014 as well, beating the likes of the Fiat 500L, who were once called the worst car on the market.

In conclusion, Jeep are not a dependable brand. They were once very reliable, but this is no longer the case for a number of reasons. One of these reasons is that the infotainment system is slow and glitchy, and this can cause a huge amount of dissatisfaction amongst customers and lower the dependability score. There is also the dreaded Death Wobble, which can occur when the suspension is thrown out of equilibrium. However, people buy Jeep’s because of their heritage and prestige, not for their dependability. If you want a Jeep, the chances are you will buy a Jeep. And if you want a car that comes with as much history as that, then you can’t go wrong. If you are looking for a reliable SUV however, then you should look elsewhere.

LOL how are they the worst car value when they are constantly rated in the top of Kelly blue book resale value 

angryinch -

No.  They look cool but are about as reliable as a yugo.

I have 175k miles on my 2002 jeep.Runs like a dream.

White347LX -
ufc98newb -

Looks like the grill from my old J1000

White347LX -
ufc98newb -

interesting. thanks! not really familiar with these..

angryinch -

This isaccurate for the brand as a whole Mostly because of the majority of them being Pos fiats. Like the renegade/compass/Cherokee. 

The wrangler isolated isnt nearly as bad as the brand as a whole

White347LX - 
ufc98newb -

^now thats badass!

for the price i'd 100% buy something else

angryinch - 

I think your conflation of the death wobble with the dependability rating is misleading.

What stock Jeeps have a wobble issue? 

The issue, as is clear in the vid, is putting big tires/lifts on the Jeep but not upgrading the axles/fixtures... that;s not a quality issue with Jeep at all.  That's just people making bad choices or skimping when the make mods.