Would you change - or not change - your past?

Which of these best describes the way you feel about your life so far?

1) If I had the power I'd change or alter some of the poor actions or decisions I've made in my past. Some still bother me to this day.

2) Everything I've done, good or bad, has shaped me into who I am today. I would change nothing.

Change. Phone Post

I'd probably go with change. It all depends on the day though. Some days I'd definitely be all for changing some thing but other days I'm firmly in the "past actions have made me what I am" camp Phone Post

I know the exact moment I would go back to and just restart. Think about it every day. Definitely need to get over it. Phone Post 3.0

I'd love to be able to relive my past knowing what I know now, but also have the ability to return to this moment in time with nothing changed.

Wouldn't give up my wife or child for anything.

Would not change anything.

Results could be disastrous. Phone Post 3.0

Yep......shoulda killed him when I had the chance!

Nitecrawler - I'd love to be able to relive my past knowing what I know now, but also have the ability to return to this moment in time with nothing changed.

Wouldn't give up my wife or child for anything.

This.

There are things I would definitely have done differently, but not if it would have meant losing the family I have.

There's specific actions I would certainly redo (dui, not gone to bjj the day I tore my shoulder) but the only major course I would have done differently would be going for my major when I started and not switching reice to find it, plus not taking time off school. Could have been done a year ago but instead I'll be done in a year Phone Post

Collin Reuter - I know the exact moment I would go back to and just restart. Think about it every day. Definitely need to get over it. Phone Post 3.0

I figured this was pretty common with most middle aged guys. Even if you're successful, everyone has at least a few of those 'if only' moments. Phone Post

I dunno, it seems like the biggest reason I'd want to go back is to bang chicks that wanted my sting and I either didn't or was too dumb to notice

I would change the way I handled two girls in high school. Both basically cucked me. It still pisses me off to this day how I got friend zoned and just let it happen because I was fat and had no self confidence.

The worst part is it happened twice. I could chalk up once as being a fool. But twice WTF!!!!!!

Lemme tell you bro, I been through some shit...But things turned out pretty alright and I am grateful every day.

Wouldn't change a thing.

I might change a thing or 2 if there's a guarantee that I can have the same wife & kid I have now.

boomtown - I might change a thing or 2 if there's a guarantee that I can have the same wife & kid I have now.

This is true also. Those girls probably directed me towards my non slut wife. If not for them I might have spent my years liking sluts rather then avoiding any girls who I thought had slut tendencies.

Nope. Nothing. I had too much fun and have too many good memories to regret the few imperfections that came with how I did things.

Life is boring without imperfections. Phone Post 3.0

Res ipsa loquitar - 
PatK - I dunno, it seems like the biggest reason I'd want to go back is to bang chicks that wanted my sting and I either didn't or was too dumb to notice

Charmed life indeed.

I would only change how I treated some people. And what Pat said.

I wouldn't say charmed.

I've made some pretty big mistakes in my life. And treated some people badly.

But who's to say that the ones that I thought were wrong, or some of the people I treated badly, if I did things differently, things would have turned out better?

I know several years ago when I was the only one of my close group of friends I grew up with that wasn't married, I thought "Man, I really fucked up" and that I wished I hadn't been such a wild man and settled down like my friends did.

Not soon afterward, when they were getting divorced, or raising horrible children, that had I gone that route, I probably would have been a very miserable person.

I just can't believe the obvious snatch I passed up and would like a re-do on that.

Anyone who says they wouldn't change something, is either a liar or not thinking deeply enough. Phone Post 3.0

There's things I would change,bad decisions I made,some bad things I've done,stuff that was done to me,etc.

But if it changed what I have now,then no. Phone Post 3.0

sgotwalks - 

Yep......shoulda killed him when I had the chance!

Who?