Would you eat dog?

Was thinking about it recently. Mostly as a thought experiment.
It seems morally relative and arbitrary. In Hindu cultures, they don’t eat beef. Pigs are smarter than dogs but we (USA) eat them.
So if you were in a nice restaurant and dog was on the menu, would you try it? Why or why not?
Btw, I have four dogs and love them to death (no pun).
Just think it’s an interesting conversation to have. People tend to get fired up.

4 Likes

Nope. Lived in Vietnam for 2 years and nothing enraged me more than seeing dogs and cats consumed.
Got into it with a street vendor who was chopping up a dog carcass in Hanoi. A couple of the locals talked me down which was probably lucky for me since he was waiving a meat cleaver.

4 Likes

If i was hungry enough yes.

Just not my dog:)

7 Likes

So not if it was on the menu at a restaurant? Maybe an appetizer that was bought for the table?

1 Like

No…only in a survival situation.

Though, i have no problem with others who do, in other countries.

4 Likes

The bounty hunter?

1 Like

7 Likes

More my question. Curious about the moral/social opinions.

I could eat a dog sammich about now.

1 Like

I’m sure I have eaten dog somewhere in my travels. Not by choice but I’m sure it would have been in a “beef” dish somewhere

1 Like

i would only eat a dog if i had to. i would never eat my own dog. i would use bbq sauce.

1 Like

:drooling_face: mmmmm golden fried retriever

1 Like

Might I recommend you cut up fresh shallots, garlic and rosemary and combine with that sweet golden meat to a Dutch oven. Then retrieve sea salt and fresh lemon juice of a whole lemon. Cover and bake at 300 for three hours.

I made that when Greg Brady was visiting and everyone raved about it all weekend.

2 Likes

If it was my last hope and meal….I’d die and know I went out honoring my best friend and not trying to kill them first like a savage. Even if it was your dog…I’d honor you for having a best friend. Dogs are special. I am a survivor but that would be last option and unless I knew a rescue flight was exactly the amount of calories I would gain away…fuck off with eating a bestie. Eating a dog out of a market. Fuck you scumbag.

3 Likes

I see Dogs as family members so not something I’d voluntarily do under normal conditions. Under extreme circumstances I’m sure I’d eat anything though, including children.

But if you were hungry enough to eat a dog, I doubt you’d be at a “nice restaurant” browsing the menu. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, I’d kill the people killing and eating dogs and eat them if it came to it.

3 Likes

Pigs are smarter than dogs but they’re also kind of dicks. Dogs are cool, loyal, and have much more utility alive than as meat in a survival situation imo

Yeah I think I honestly might start eating people before dogs in some plane crash/apocalypse situation.

2 Likes

Fuck off.

1 Like