Wow, Dom is really salty

Just listened to the DC & Helwani podcast and the Dominic Cruz interview, he comes off really bad blaming the ref rather than looking at the fight we all saw. He put up a good effort, got dropped and took 11-12 shots to the head. Ref did a good job saving his memories of growing up.

4 Likes

Could it have gone longer? Sure.

Have I seen earlier stoppages? Yes. 

He needs to relax

He has a valid point he was standing back up sometimes you take shots doing that he wasnt sleeping.

1 Like

Agreed. He took a dozen unanswered shots. He should have stayed retired 

1 Like
TwoTonsOfTaint -

He has a valid point he was standing back up sometimes you take shots doing that he wasnt sleeping.

He went face down. Not a bad stoppage. Protect yourself at all times. 

I thought it was a bit early. I also understand him being salty. That was absolutely his last title shot. The guy has had a rough career and I’m sure he’d rather go out on his shield. That said, it wasn’t the worst stoppage in the world. Just not great considering the circumstances. 

Wasn’t early, ref protected dom from what was to come.... he was obviously taking damaging shots. The whole alcohol thing is what I wonder about.

2 Likes
HillboFrateTrane -
TwoTonsOfTaint -

He went face down. Not a bad stoppage. Protect yourself at all times. 

He never went face down.

2 Likes

Loads of matches are stopped when the fighter never went down. I don’t see trying to stand up as particularly relevant to whether he was shot.

1 Like

Did he talk about him lying about Keith Peterson reeking of booze? That is some serious bullshit.

Herb Dean was interviewed about it and said he was around Peterson before and didn't smell any alcohol or ever before. He said they would never allow anyone smelling like alcohol to go out and ref a fight.

That was so low and immature from Cruz to say that. Fuck him.

6 Likes

He’s kind of a little bitch.

3 Likes
TexDeuce -

Did he talk about him lying about Keith Peterson reeking of booze? That is some serious bullshit.

Herb Dean was interviewed about it and said he was around Peterson before and didn't smell any alcohol or ever before. He said they would never allow anyone smelling like alcohol to go out and ref a fight.

Agreed, so fucking low. Especally considering it almost certainly wasn't true.

14 unanswered strikes, ref blocked #15 which was a split second away and had both hands down.

1 Like
ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
TexDeuce -

I mean, dom could potentially looking at a defamation case or even dacpline from the AC. We all seem to think that comment was implying the ref was drunk. Dom keeps pushing the issue when he should stfu. He could lose his commentator job if this got out of hand. Can’t see the forest for the trees here. 

The stoppage was fine, he was taking unanswered shots and when the ref stepped like he should have, that's when Dom tries to stand up but the 3 to 4 seconds before that, he was getting punched in the head while his hands were on the ground not even trying to defend.

1 Like
TexDeuce -

It seems that Cruz was the only person in the building to smell the alcohol and cigarettes. 

HillboFrateTrane -
ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
TexDeuce -

I mean, dom could potentially looking at a defamation case or even dacpline from the AC. We all seem to think that comment was implying the ref was drunk. Dom keeps pushing the issue when he should stfu. He could lose his commentator job if this got out of hand. Can’t see the forest for the trees here. 

In any respectable sports league he'd face punishment. The scenario is ridiculous unless the ref was a hardcore addict. They'd have been under perview from basically the afternoon well before the fight took place.

He's not the first fighter to have trouble handling a loss.  I don't think anyone's going to overreact to the shit he's saying.  It's fighting not an afternoon of lawn bowling on the Queen's greens.

Well yeah.

2 seconds to go in the round.

I'd be fucking pissed, especially while you're standing up.

He is being a cunt about it but he's right for a couple of reasons. 

1. It's for a championship, there should be a bit more leeway before a stoppage occurs.

2. He was in the process of standing up, despite getting punched.

3. Those punches weren't thrown the hardest and came from a Bantamweight anyway.

4. He wasn't losing the fight badly beforehand so this wasn't a mercy thing like with Tony.

5. There were still three more rounds coming up and he was about to be saved by the bell.

All in all it was a pretty bad stoppage. It's only being defended because we have become used to bad stoppages.

2 Likes