Wow, Fedor.

Watched this today...Made me remember the most incredible run in all of fight sport. The build up to his fights and the feeling during his fights, man, you know nothing in mma even today compares to that. From him coming out of nowhere on most peoples radar against Shilt, but I didnt notice till Herring. After that fight I thought to myself, wow, Fedor. Then the monstorous beatdown he put on then unbeatable champ Mino to his final MMA fight against Rizzo and all his no contest, losses and wins inbetween...if you didnt get to experience that feeling and expectation as an MMA fan you really did miss out on something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkEvnQ1yAA8&sns=em

Good and simple HL...music surprisingly works well.

till next time. Keep training hard.

truthisalive - Watched this today...Made me remember the most incredible run in all of fight sport. The build up to his fights and the feeling during his fights, man, you know nothing in mma even today compares to that. From him coming out of nowhere on most peoples radar against Shilt, but I didnt notice till Herring. After that fight I thought to myself, wow, Fedor. Then the monstorous beatdown he put on then unbeatable champ Mino to his final MMA fight against Rizzo and all his no contest, losses and wins inbetween...if you didnt get to experience that feeling and expectation as an MMA fan you really did miss out on something.

truthisalive - Watched this today...Made me remember the most incredible run in all of fight sport. The build up to his fights and the feeling during his fights, man, you know nothing in mma even today compares to that. From him coming out of nowhere on most peoples radar against Shilt, but I didnt notice till Herring. After that fight I thought to myself, wow, Fedor. Then the monstorous beatdown he put on then unbeatable champ Mino to his final MMA fight against Rizzo and all his no contest, losses and wins inbetween...if you didnt get to experience that feeling and expectation as an MMA fan you really did miss out on something.

Vu. Agree 100% op. Nothing like him today.. Maybe ever again Phone Post 3.0

I love Fedor. He's one of my favourite fighters of all time. His stoicism alone was so awesome to see. Phone Post 3.0

Great highlight. That Fujita fight was nuts, never gets old. Phone Post 3.0

I remember Fedor saying he didn't care for MMA in the states because he felt it was more of a blind allegiance to American fighters. He came over for the first time to fight Timmy and was blown away when people started chanting his name at the weigh ins. He had no idea he was even popular in the USA. Phone Post 3.0

truthisalive - Watched this today...Made me remember the most incredible run in all of fight sport. The build up to his fights and the feeling during his fights, man, you know nothing in mma even today compares to that. From him coming out of nowhere on most peoples radar against Shilt, but I didnt notice till Herring. After that fight I thought to myself, wow, Fedor. Then the monstorous beatdown he put on then unbeatable champ Mino to his final MMA fight against Rizzo and all his no contest, losses and wins inbetween...if you didnt get to experience that feeling and expectation as an MMA fan you really did miss out on something.

VU!

JohnMorgansBlueShirt - I know he smashed Sylvia but would have loved to see Fedor fight in the Octagon against a juiced prime Timmay. "Bring on Fedor Now!!"

All the juice in the world wouldnt have saved him from that barrage of punches.

brahmabull81 - 
Soup and Beer - I remember Fedor saying he didn't care for MMA in the states because he felt it was more of a blind allegiance to American fighters. He came over for the first time to fight Timmy and was blown away when people started chanting his name at the weigh ins. He had no idea he was even popular in the USA. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah I remember being shocked around the time Affliction was doing events. I was ordering the first Affliction PPV and leading up to it all my friends were asking me "are you getting that Fedor fight?" or "are you ordering the fight with that fat russian bald guy?"

I was pretty stoked that even without the UFC, almost all my casual MMA fan friends knew who he was anyways. I mean these are people that only knew when guys like Rampage were fighting and ONLY followed big UFC cards. You know, the typical casual (that are becoming scarcer by the year imo).

We had an even bigger party for Affliction 2. I fell asleep on the sidewalk in front of my house.

VU

I saw some guys with Fedor's signature Affliction T-shirt on campus around the time Affliction was running it's own MMA shows.

I figured if you just randomly followed MMA at the time, you would have known who Fedor was.

Southpaw76 -
truthisalive - Watched this today...Made me remember the most incredible run in all of fight sport. The build up to his fights and the feeling during his fights, man, you know nothing in mma even today compares to that. From him coming out of nowhere on most peoples radar against Shilt, but I didnt notice till Herring. After that fight I thought to myself, wow, Fedor. Then the monstorous beatdown he put on then unbeatable champ Mino to his final MMA fight against Rizzo and all his no contest, losses and wins inbetween...if you didnt get to experience that feeling and expectation as an MMA fan you really did miss out on something.

Vu. Agree 100% op. Nothing like him today.. Maybe ever again Phone Post 3.0
I don't agree with a lot of your posts but this is exactly what I was going to say.

Anderson is right up there with him as someone that put on the greatest performances in MMA history but I still think Fedor's were more impressive.

Still the GOAT in my book. Phone Post 3.0

VU. Transcendent athlete...GOAT and beats everybody in their prime in his prime. He was so, so fast...reflexes were just ridiculous, etc. Etc. Just shaking my head...thanks for posting! Phone Post 3.0

The Larry Bird of MMA Phone Post 3.0

For later

Liyon -
brahmabull81 - 
Soup and Beer - I remember Fedor saying he didn't care for MMA in the states because he felt it was more of a blind allegiance to American fighters. He came over for the first time to fight Timmy and was blown away when people started chanting his name at the weigh ins. He had no idea he was even popular in the USA. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah I remember being shocked around the time Affliction was doing events. I was ordering the first Affliction PPV and leading up to it all my friends were asking me "are you getting that Fedor fight?" or "are you ordering the fight with that fat russian bald guy?"

I was pretty stoked that even without the UFC, almost all my casual MMA fan friends knew who he was anyways. I mean these are people that only knew when guys like Rampage were fighting and ONLY followed big UFC cards. You know, the typical casual (that are becoming scarcer by the year imo).

We had an even bigger party for Affliction 2. I fell asleep on the sidewalk in front of my house.

VU

I saw some guys with Fedor's signature Affliction T-shirt on campus around the time Affliction was running it's own MMA shows.

I figured if you just randomly followed MMA at the time, you would have known who Fedor was.
My wife has the affliction Fedor vs Barnett shirt. Phone Post 3.0

In the Tim/Fedor fight, I have never seen a fighter get beat down so quickly and thoroughly in my life.

You know it's bad when not a single soul in the universe mentions the word rematch in a title fight.

I always felt that it did bother him a lot. Too much press and fame which I think he did not want any part of.

Greatest fighter of all time.

The Fedor Age was the golden years of mma for me. Man, I can still remember him coming out in Pride and it snowing in the arena. Chills.

I remember writing him off because I was a Chute Boxe fanboy. Then I watched some of his fights and was blown away. I remember the Cro Cop fight and the excitement and drama. I also remember when he got his first real deal loss and how gutted I was.

Fedor inspired a lot emotions with mma fans. Some love to hate him and some view him as GOAT. I say you have to be a great fighter to make everyone following choose a side. Phone Post 3.0

Fedor is like Kimura: noone before noone after.

GOAT Phone Post

Agreed. Nobody else comes close. Phone Post 3.0