WOW! GFC signed Jacare

How did they sign Jacare and UFC or pride didn't? They must be legit, look at the fighters that they're signing. This is much better than the WFA card was and they also have Miguel Torres vs Charlie Valencia. Torres hasn't lost a fight since Jesus was born. Why hasn't he fought in a bigger show before now? He's 29-1! Props to the GFC

People want to see Kimbo? I will look into it.

While Jacare is arguably the best BJJ player today, I don't think the UFC wants to bring in another foreigner who's primarily a ground fighter. Imagine the boring fights we'd have to watch? No one wants to see slick submissions, sweeps or chaining, just punches kicks and GNP!!!!!!Fuck yeah!!!!!

....j/k.

remember too that torres only weighs 95lbs! there isnt really a big demand for fighters under 155 in the big shows.

"No one wants to see slick submissions, sweeps or chaining, just punches kicks and GNP!"

I don't think it's slick subs or sweeps that people don't want to see (notice how the crowd was electric when BJ swept Hughes). It's one guy on top of the other while the bottom guy clings for life waiting for a stand up that people don't want to see.

I actually think standing fights up has made fights more boring, because guys just hang on on the bottom instead of trying to improve position.

smac1 is correct!

GFC is a one fight deal i do believe. They only had one show last year.

ttt for a one fight deal.

Jacare to be KO'd again by Macaco. Great BJJ does not make you a great fighter.

A couple of weeks ago, someone came on here and said that Jacare had signed with Pride.

I think Jacare has signed with Pride and will fight for them after this one fight deal in GFC. I guess part of the attraction of the GFC deal was a chance avenge the loss to Macaco. (doubt he'll get TKOed again, he has a bit more experience now).

attn: relsonbrownbelt

what is up with the pay per view? Is this like a computer based ppv or will this be on TV ppv?

thanks in advance

TV. go to the website for details

smac1 you are correct but glock4life was being sarcastic

^^Thanks Triso^^

up

Jacare's loss to Macaco was because of his awful strategy of standing and trading. His wrestling and Jiu-Jitsu is far superior to Macaco's, and Macaco has lost a couple recent fights to better BJJ guys by decision.
Jacare by dec.

"I actually think standing fights up has made fights more boring, because guys just hang on on the bottom instead of trying to improve position."

Agreed. Pride has the right idea to penalize stalling, but I don't agree with hitting their pocket book. In UFC, especially in the 10 point must system, docking a point for stalling is a big deal. Threaten them with a point deduction, and watch the grappling improve.

Every time there's a standup, there should also be a point deduction for at least one of the fighters, IMO.

Jacare just won in Jungle Fight this past Sunday. 4-1 now, but his opponents haven't been very good quality. All finishes though. I think standing against Macaco was pretty dumb as well. He should be more disciplined this time around. That was his debut and a lesson for him.

up