Wow. Joe rogan compares GSP/Usman’s level of competition, thinks Masvidal is “on another level”

:joy::joy: what in the fuck

5 Likes

Joe Rogan thinks Jorge Masvidal would’ve been dangerous for Georges St-Pierre had the two been fighting at the same time.

St-Pierre is widely considered to be the greatest welterweight of all time and one of the best fighters ever. However, his title reign ran from 2007 until 2013 and because of that, Rogan says fighters have just evolved to be better mixed martial artists, as he thinks Masvidal is just on another level than St-Pierre ever was, which his guest, Luke Combs – a country singer – didn’t agree with.

“I just think the level of competition he faced is higher. GSP was so good he raised the bar,” Rogan said on his podcast with Combs. “But, you look at GSP’s victories he beat some very good guys but I think the guys Kamaru Usman beat, Colby Covington, Jorge Masvidal, Tyron Woodley, I think they are better.”

Once Joe Rogan said that, Luke Combs cut him off and asked if he really thought Jorge Masvidal was better than Goerges St-Pierre, the UFC commentator doubled down on it.

“Yeah,” Rogan responded when Combs asked him if he really thought Masvidal was on GSP’s level. “I think if Masvidal was around at that time he would be dangerous for everybody, I think he is on another level. I think everyone is on another level, the Masvidal that knocked out Ben Askren, that was one of the craftiest moves that anyone has ever done. He went sideways and ran straight at him and Askren’s instincts kicked in and he kneed him into the dark lands. Just one shoot, boom, into the shadow realm. Masvidal, I mean he knocked out Yves Edwards with a fg head kick back in the day. He is a fg assassin. Masvidal is a gangster.”

There is a point that Rogan makes that this generation is much better fighters than the previous due to a variety of reasons. But, St-Pierre is still considered one of the best ever while Masvidal has yet to win a UFC title.

What do you make of Joe Rogan saying Jorge Masvidal is better than Georges St-Pierre?

1 Like

They were fighting at the same time lol. When Masvidal was getting beat up by Gil Melendez, GSP was on a 9 fight win streak lol

60 Likes

How exactly is Masvidal on another level?

He lost to Paul Daley. Lost to Gilbert Melendez. Benson Henderson and Al Laquinta. Maia and Stephen Thompson.

His 3 best wins are a kid in Darren till, a post prime Ben Asscream, and battering up Nate Diaz and winning with a doctor stoppage via cut

Colby and Usman dominated the guy and they’re lesser versions of George’s

16 Likes

Joe Rogan misses the mark sometimes

14 Likes

This title needs to be “ Joe Rogan is high as fuck and says stupid shit”.

I love Rogan but um no.

21 Likes

No amount of weed could get me to praise Masvidal this highly. Wtf joe. Rare L

12 Likes

lol GSP would have pinned Jorge, no fucking problem at all. as he got controlled and systematically bashed, jorge would be impotently calling the ref to stand it up for the sake of the fans.

hes not too crafty for Georges. even current GSP would probably beat super-prime Masvidal.

8 Likes

List of GSP opponents who i believe in their prime would beat a prime Jorge;

Johny Hendricks
Nick Diaz
Carlos Condit
Josh Koscheck
Thiago alves
Bj Penn
Matt Hughes

Maybe Jon Fitch. Idk

But sure Joe. Jorge is on another level :joy:

6 Likes
  1. Joe Rogan is literally 5’3"
  2. Marijuana doesn’t cause people to say moronic things. Joe’s just a moron, and he gets high.
11 Likes

Wait a minute…prime Masvidal could not beat declining Melendez or beat Khabilov or Iaquinta at LW and could not beat Bendo at WW or Larkin or aging Maia and Thompson but he is now all of a sudden too much for GSP?

Rogan has called thousands of fighters assassins at this point while Masvidal is 5-5 in his last 10 with everyone he beat being either retired or released by the UFC.

3 Likes

Masvidal is a joke and joe is only praising him cause he’s had him on his podcast twice now

6 Likes

He says some crazy things when high.

5 Likes

While at LW, Masvidal only broke into the top 15 for a short time and his highest ranking might have been 13.

1 Like

I really wonder if Mas has some dirt on Dana or the UFC.

Why is this low IQ thug so well paid and hyped by the UFC? He is not even that marketable. Nate made him famous.

Maybe Rogan is just regurgitating that whole narrative

4 Likes

I give him a pass on that. If you talk on a podcast 10+ hours a week and are high for a lot of it, everyone will say some crazy shit, just the way it goes.

1 Like

Masvidal actually is pretty marketable and a big name for the casuals. Sadly

1 Like

Nick v. Jorge in strickeforce at that time would have been fun. There’s zero reason to believe Jorge would win but definitely woulda been a good fight

3 Likes

@JoeRogan

We deserve to hear directly from you on this. You’re one of the most trusted and well respected voices when it comes to MMA. But this has got to be the single worst take I’ve ever heard regarding MMA discussion and that’s says a LOT cause I’ve been a hardcore fan since 2007 and I’ve heard (and said) a lot of dumb shit myself. But this easily takes the cake :birthday:

3 Likes

Joe called and said….