Wow we got screwed for Xmas

3 days "off" but we have to come in 2 hours early and leave 2 hours late the 6 days surrounding our " time off".

So basically we are just banking overtime then being paid on it at a straight time rate.

Never in my life not since the jelly of the month club have I seen a fucking of this magnitude. So that brings the fucking tally at my work to the following.

No sick days
No vacation days
No insurance
No holiday pay
Overtime paid at flat rate
No 401k
No tuition assistance
No bonuses of any kind

This is really difficult tedious trade work that requires 10 years of experience. We bust ass and get fucked in return.

"Unions are sooooo terrible"

Righggggghhhht. They exist so shit like this doesn't happen. I'm so tired of getting screwed as a tradesman and hearing people sitting at an office desk with all these benefits telling me how bad unions are. Fuck you. Phone Post 3.0

do u at least make good $$$$

The og right - you lazy fuck and you don't deserve it. Your company needs to make money Phone Post 3.0

What's keeping you from moving to an area that pays a higher wage? You're a welder/fitter yes?

I'd go to an oil boom area if I were you. You'd make a killing with 10 years of experience.

No sympathies for you cause youre a racist pig.

Enjoy working dickhead. Phone Post 3.0

Death and Taxes -

What do you do?

Welder/fabricator Phone Post 3.0

Somehow this will be Obamas fault

THANKSOBAMA

AlchemyIronworks - 3 days "off" but we have to come in 2 hours early and leave 2 hours late the 6 days surrounding our " time off".

So basically we are just banking overtime then being paid on it at a straight time rate.

Never in my life not since the jelly of the month club have I seen a fucking of this magnitude. So that brings the fucking tally at my work to the following.

No sick days
No vacation days
No insurance
No holiday pay
Overtime paid at flat rate
No 401k
No tuition assistance
No bonuses of any kind

This is really difficult tedious trade work that requires 10 years of experience. We bust ass and get fucked in return.

"Unions are sooooo terrible"

Righggggghhhht. They exist so shit like this doesn't happen. I'm so tired of getting screwed as a tradesman and hearing people sitting at an office desk with all these benefits telling me how bad unions are. Fuck you. Phone Post 3.0
Sorry bro......I VTFU though. Phone Post 3.0

Isn't your family loaded? Mooch off them!

the pay must be high to get away with that
ten years experience i have to imagine there are opportunities elsewhere for less money but better benefits

if not well... thats insane

Stop your b!tching. Nobody is forcing you to stay with that company. It's a free world bro. You don't like where your at? Pack your sh!t and go someplace else. If your not willing to move to better yourself then you have zero right to come here and b!tch about it. Sounds like you made a horrible choice for an employer and the fact you've put up with it for ten yrs is even more horrid. Phone Post 3.0

Oh yeah....f@ck unions too! Phone Post 3.0

I wasn't wrong :( Phone Post 3.0

'This is really difficult tedious trade work that requires 10 years of experience.'

-

Then why dont you have a good job?

Really ? shakes head the hole world turning bitch maid !

Your welcome to pick another line of work like the rest of us have....we all choose our path. Mine isn't pretty sometimes but it's my choice. Phone Post 3.0

how long have you been there? are you looking for new a new place to work?

That's the problem right there. Good welders are a dime a dozen so they can get away with what they do because they know there are lots of people to take your spot.

I started off as an industrial electrician and I kinda felt in the same boat so I switched to plc/process control years ago and now they just throw money and incentives at you because there isn't alot of good techs around, at least in my area.

My advice would be to try and find something more specialized where you are needed and companies are willing to pay top dollar to get you. Easier said than done but if a schlub like me can do it so can you.

Good luck.

OP, I agree that giving you days off without pay and making you work overtime but not paying you so those hours can go to make up for the three days off is fucked up. It sounds illegal to me? The rest of you post you come off kind of self-entitled but who isn't. Phone Post 3.0