WrestleMania 30 Main Event Scrapped

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/18914/report-wrestlemania-30-main-event-scrapped

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

At this time, the rumored main event match for WrestleMania 30 is off. The main event would have seen a heel Triple H battling Vince McMahon for power of the WWE, with Austin representing McMahon.

While the reason for the change is not known, one reason may be that they may be changing roles and that The Rock will represent Vince McMahon but that is not a guarantee. Another reason is that the Austin scenario was never a lock and just a hope by some in WWE creative.

The original direction would have seen Vince, Stephanie and Triple H unite at SummerSlam before splitting up again later in the year with Triple H making a heel turn. Now things look to be heading towards a slower build, with the culmination still being at WrestleMania 30.

As the main event? Jesus Christ fuck HHH for even thinking he belongs in the main event at Mania. Would not order if that McMahon/HHH garbage is the main focus of Mania.

Jesus Christ. Who could possibly want to see HHH in the main event at WM in 2014? As little as I wanted to see the Rock face John Cena at 29, it at least made sense from a marketing perspective. Phone Post

The Destroyer88 - As the main event? Jesus Christ fuck HHH for even thinking he belongs in the main event at Mania. Would not order if that McMahon/HHH garbage is the main focus of Mania.

Lol obviously I didn't see your post before I typed my shit up but we are clearly on the same page. If the main event has anything to do with the McMahons then I may have to fall back on piracy Phone Post

Nobody in the year 2014 wants to see HHH in the main event or Vince anywhere near the main event.

The Destroyer88 - Nobody in the year 2014 wants to see HHH in the main event or Vince anywhere near the main event.

Seconded. I want to see Cena/Punk going hard for 30 mins.

come on you guys HHH needs this for his legacy.

Cena should face Punk in the main event like the poster above said. Rock-Austin were the two biggest stars of their time and faced each other 3 times at WM. It would be a shame if the two biggest of this era didn't get to headline it once. Phone Post 3.0

Oh god HHH thinks way too highly of himself clearly I'd much rather see an the older stars put over up and coming main eventers to have Wrestlemania XXX as a passing of the guard. Maybe something like:

Daniel Bryan vs Brock Lesnar for the WWE title

CM Punk vs Stone Cold Steve Austin

HHH vs Dolph ZIggler (not sure how to work it into the Mcmahon storyline though, maybe even WHC match?)

John Cena vs Undertaker (Don't hate if they put over D-Bry, Punk and Ziggler as the main babyfaces having Cena cheat to end Takers streak would be perfect for the heel turn) 

The Rock vs ??? (Randy Orton maybe? Sheamus? Don't know who else they'd give this big of a match to if the rest of the card was already using the other talent)

Obviously I know there is next to no chance any of these things, let alone the whole card, will happen but I think they desperately need to try and get some of their younger stars huge Wrestlemania wins because they rely on their part timers far too much and pretty soon all the guys they bring back will be too old and unable to preform.

Speaking of HHH's ego, did you guys hear that apparently he's nixing DX going into the HOF next year because he's insisting that he needs to go in as a singles wrestler BEFORE being inducted as part of a group? The dude is important to the history of wrestling but he obviously considers himself to be in a class with people like Michaels, Hart, Flair, Austin, and Rock and he's just not. Phone Post

He must use WWE security

I hope someone accrues enough stock to take over the E.  Mark Cuban may be our only hope.

This could be an interesting angle if done right.

Vince picks an old guard wrestler. Undertaker would be prime. He's been here since first Raw, he is Wrestlemania.

HHH picks an up and comer. Does NOT wrestle himself. Picks a newer talent.

Would mark the end of Vince and Taker. Give a new guy the ultimate rub. Phone Post 3.0

good. I had less than 0 interest in Austin/HHH at Mania

torubu - This could be an interesting angle if done right.

Vince picks an old guard wrestler. Undertaker would be prime. He's been here since first Raw, he is Wrestlemania.

HHH picks an up and comer. Does NOT wrestle himself. Picks a newer talent.

Would mark the end of Vince and Taker. Give a new guy the ultimate rub. Phone Post 3.0
That would be so awesome Phone Post 3.0

HHH is going to make wrestling awesome again. When Vince hands the company over, he's doing so to someone who loves THIS BUSINESS and will work his ass off to make it into what he as a wrestling fan would want. It's sad that HHH is his own biggest fan and needs to insinuate himself into everything.

Which could also be said about Vince McMahon. Phone Post 3.0

How did Austin representing Vince make any sense at all.

Rick makes sense, considering he was the corporate champion. Phone Post 3.0

The worst part Austin's wwe run was when he was friendly with McMahon. Phone Post

I enjoyed Austins run with McMahon and Kirk Angel. The bit where they had cowboys hats and Angle got a kids hat was gold.

"Jimmy crack corn and I dont care
Jimmy crack corn and I dont care
I won Olympic Gold, I won Olympic Gold" Phone Post 3.0

jujitsujamo - I enjoyed Austins run with McMahon and Kirk Angel. The bit where they had cowboys hats and Angle got a kids hat was gold.

"Jimmy crack corn and I dont care
I won Olympic Gold, I won Olympic Gold" Phone Post 3.0

you ever see the blooper reel from that? Holy shit it's funny.

Stone Cold, Deb & Vince all couldnt stop laughing at how silly Kurt looked in his kids cowboy hat. Meanwhile Kurt never broke character which made it even funnier. LMAO

LOL. That was awesome. One of the best bits ever!!! Phone Post 3.0