wrestler Big Van Vader's workout in his prime ...

Holy shit. I recently saw an interview with Vader (real name Leon White) & he was talking about his prime circa 1992 - 1993.

Said he weighed legit 427 lbs with a 640 lbs bench press (he did reps with). But what really shocked me were the 'jump presses' he used to do.

You stand with the bar on your shoulders behind your head & with a quick jerking motion you snatch it above your head. Vader used to do sets of jump presses with 365 lbs on the bar doing 15 reps a set!

He could also do perfect moonsalts off the top rope too. Scary

And he was the first to workout with a training mask. It was a bit old and clunky compared to todays stuff.

DID THAT PUSSY ASS SHIT BACK IN HIGHSCHOOL BRO. 

heard he was a locker room bully Phone Post 3.0

King Of All Tenors - heard he was a locker room bully Phone Post 3.0

Those numbers are freakin impressive but Orndorf says he son'ed him back stage once. Like boots to face level.

TryhardNobody - Koklayev doing a 595lb jerk which is what i think youre referring to

"push press"?

TryhardNobody - Koklayev doing a 595lb jerk which is what i think youre referring to

Yes exactly.

But Vader did reps with his keeping the wight under control the entire time.

(that vid is insane by the way)

Yea..? But could he snort coke off a hookers ass while doing a handstand like Macho Man Randy Savage??!? Phone Post 3.0

Quite the opposite. He was very sensitive & it was easy to hurt his feelings. Problem was if/when u did hurt his feelings he'd get pissed.

But Vader was taught to wrestle super stiff. Upon being trained he went to Japan to get better. Of course Japanese wrestling (puroresu) is stiff to begin with so Vader just made that his style. It didn't help that he was matched with other stiff Americans like Hanson, Dr. Death & Terry Gordy.

Problem was upon coming back to North America he was so stiff other men didn't want to wrestle him. He had to be taught the NA style to go a bit easier but he was always rough in the ring.

Dude was fucking nuts.

His eyeball popped out during a match in Japan and he just shoved it back in and finished the match. Phone Post 3.0

Games_Guns_Hoes - I believe the push press.

Total BS on the bench press. Phone Post 3.0

Given his own weight you think it's too much of a stretch?
Genuine question btw

Jack Skellington - 

Quite the opposite. He was very sensitive & it was easy to hurt his feelings. Problem was if/when u did hurt his feelings he'd get pissed.

But Vader was taught to wrestle super stiff. Upon being trained he went to Japan to get better. Of course Japanese wrestling (puroresu) is stiff to begin with so Vader just made that his style. It didn't help that he was matched with other stiff Americans like Hanson, Dr. Death & Terry Gordy.

Problem was upon coming back to North America he was so stiff other men didn't want to wrestle him. He had to be taught the NA style to go a bit easier but he was always rough in the ring.

It's gotta be hard to always be wrestling with a hard on.

Non N00B -
Jack Skellington - 

It's gotta be hard to always be wrestling with a hard on.
It's not as difficult as you might think Phone Post 3.0

best in ring big man in pro wresting history IMO.

Jack Skellington -

He was stiff, you say? Super stiff? Phone Post 3.0

ITS TIME! Phone Post 3.0

Games_Guns_Hoes - 
Bootsy Collins -

Genuine question btw
640 lbs bench press raw is a huge challenge to the heaviest and strongest powerlifters in the world.

I doubt he lifted that for reps.

The legend Bill Kazmaier held the world record for raw bench press at 660 lbs for years. Phone Post 3.0

Fair point, thanks for the clarification....of course, it's not like a pro-wrestler would ever lie about their numbers anyway :)

Mr wonderful put the hurt on him Phone Post 3.0

I saw him in person tag team with Sig Vicious vs Sting & The British Bulldog at Beach Blast 1993!

Games_Guns_Hoes - 
Bootsy Collins -

Genuine question btw
640 lbs bench press raw is a huge challenge to the heaviest and strongest powerlifters in the world.

I doubt he lifted that for reps.

The legend Bill Kazmaier held the world record for raw bench press at 660 lbs for years. Phone Post 3.0

There was no drug testing in WCW at the time. So most were juicing during that time frame (Sid, Bulldog, Luger etc ...) so these guys were massive. And Vader hit so hard during worked wrestling matches that most guys wanted nothing to do with him in the ring.