Wrestlers benefits from the rules

The 4-point rule is very beneficial for wrestlers. Time to get rid of it in my opinion and try to get more exciting fights- The lay and pray will probably get a lot less common if you might eat a knee everytime you go for a takedown.

See Oliviera and Lentz for reference.

Yeah, BJJ guys and their terrible takedowns would certainly never get smashed with knees on stuffed shots, and strikers and BJJ guys woud certainly never get smashed from side control or north south.

well the most common northsouth position comes from a failed shot.

but you fail to see the point. Wrestlers biggest advantage is getting people to the ground. The current rules makes it safer for wrestlers to get it to the ground since you are not allowed to use the most effective strike - the knee.

It looks retarded when people hammerfist someone that failed a shot when anyone with some fighting knowledge would prefer to knee.

orcus -  Yeah, BJJ guys and their terrible takedowns would certainly never get smashed with knees on stuffed shots, and strikers and BJJ guys woud certainly never get smashed from side control or north south.

I don't need knees to get smashed!

Wrestlers will end up in more advantage positions to throw knees than vice versa. Lentz ended up there because he was gassed heavily.

hakkas - The 4-point rule is very beneficial for wrestlers. Time to get rid of it in my opinion and try to get more exciting fights- The lay and pray will probably get a lot less common if you might eat a knee everytime you go for a takedown.
Or...

Ansari - 
hakkas - The 4-point rule is very beneficial for wrestlers. Time to get rid of it in my opinion and try to get more exciting fights- The lay and pray will probably get a lot less common if you might eat a knee everytime you go for a takedown.
Or...

si

Guys who would suffer are fighters with poor takedown skills. The above average wrestlers generally complete their takedowns. From their they are in top controlled dominant positions where they would potentially be able to throw knees to the guy on bottom.

As of now fighters have every opportunity to knee as someone is shooting in on them, but generally a quality wrestler is able to avoid them and secure takedowns.

The problem with hitting a knee on a shooting wrestler, you give up the takedown unless you get the KO or rock your opponent badly. Then you have a wrestler on top of you who can knee in the head from side control or north south. Phone Post

Captain America - The problem with hitting a knee on a shooting wrestler, you give up the takedown unless you get the KO or rock your opponent badly. Then you have a wrestler on top of you who can knee in the head from side control or north south. Phone Post

Good point. The knee becomes a sacrifice tactic.