Wrestlers who almost were superstars but couldn’t quite make it

RVD

3 Likes

They also blew it with Kofi after Orton buried him. One week in MSG he was blowing the roof off the place, the next he was tossed down the undercard. His retribution was nice but even after he finally won the belt, he didn’t have the makings to be a long-term champion.

2 Likes

They should’ve given Kofi D-Lo Browns chest plate after his chest caved in

2 Likes

I think Owen Hart could of been bigger than he was. He was a great cowardly heel

2 Likes

Ignoring for a moment how it ended, I wish benoit had gotten more of a chance with the belt before they gave up and gave it to Orton. I wish him and eddie had done a mini feud while they were both champs.

Benoit murdered his family though which ruins everything.

Remember when Nakamura was supposed to be the next big thing

3 Likes

RVD is 100% his own fault. I mean, they put him over Cena FFS, only to get popped for weed almost immediately after. Jeez
They actually buried Kofi twice, if you think about it. There was the Orton burial, then champ or not, Brock made him look like an utter tool.

1 Like

I am a huge fan of the late Buzz Sawyer. He definitely was a regional star, especially on Georga Championship Wrestling. I loved watching him wrestle because he was so raw and wild. He was good on the mic and had the best powerslam. However he let drugs and alchohol ruin him, which kept him from reaching the next level. What a waste of potential.

2 Likes

Brody would have been a tippy top superstar if he had signed with WWF and worked Wrestlemania with Hogan.

2 Likes