Wrestling History Podcasts?

I've been on a kick of watching some World of Sport British wrestling videos, and it got me thinking... Are there any quality podcasts on like the Carney days and a little after; specifically maybe the transition from pure shoot to pure work and the grey area between? I really wish Cornette would cover more of this time period instead of constantly bitching about current wrestling. He seems to be a walking encyclopedia on the era and passionate when he talk about it. If I've got to hear someone rant he's a good guy to pick, but it's a breath of fresh air to hear him mark out for the 1930s instead of 3 more hours of him marking out for himself talking about Orange.

1 Like

“The Pro Wrestling Stories Podcast”. 

Only 1 season has been released but season 2 is in the works.

2 Likes

I came to post jim cornette cause he knows everything but you already mentioned him

TheBearStare -

I came to post jim cornette cause he knows everything but you already mentioned him

Does he do another podcast besides drive-thru? I don't want to have to hunt down like pre-60s stuff. Was looking for something that's mostly that era. The guy really is like the Rainman of wrestling.

1 Like

Cornie’s co host has a bunch of old school podcast I don’t think they go back that far but good insight and behind the scenes in the 70’s and 80’s territory days

The Kentucky fried wrestling podcast is/was pretty cool. It covers lawler and the memphis territory. Not sure if its still around cause i think one of the hosts died. Freaking mil mascaras being carried out on a stretcher.

Karl stern over at wrestling observer is doing a history of pro wrestling podcast. He is up to like 1981. 35 or so episodes so far I would say.

RKing85 -

Karl stern over at wrestling observer is doing a history of pro wrestling podcast. He is up to like 1981. 35 or so episodes so far I would say.

Old Tyme Wrestling Hour?

Ron Fuller is great.  I've probably only listened to a tiny portion of his podcasts though.

The Lapsed fan. Not everyone’s taste, but covers a lot of periods. WWF , WCW, AWA, WCCW.