Bunch of dudes hugging each other.

Just punch each other, no need for the puffter behaviour

worst post Ive ever seen on a mma forum

1 Like

forum nerd gonna forum nerd…

you know this is nothing new…

I wasn’t even trying. Give me 4 more tries

1 Like

at least you did not go full forum nerd like hillbo and just call someone a fag…

you tried to be clever…

failed miserably, but, you tried your best with the same old tired, trite, and ignorant anti-wrestling silliness…

You just said that most of par terre is doing nothing. Stalling and waiting for a standup. The belly down, arms and legs spread, “please don’t turn me while a wait on the ref to pull you off” is the definition of stalling. In freestyle you get a 30 second nap and a restart. In folk you’d be warned and dinged a point after 3 seconds.

You also “can’t run for safety.” It’s called fleeing the mat and you get warned and then lose a point. However I do like the idea of being able to sumo them out of the ring for a point like freestyle.

The US does have weak greco wrestling, but at the last Olympics we medaled in 9 of the 12 freestyle weights, which is amazing considering the culture is heavily folk based, probably 20x as popular as freestyle and 100X as popular as greco in the US.

in this country, most par terre in the women’s style is just taking a break because very few actually know what to do so they do not try anything…

trying to use anything US related to make a point about par terre is ignorant… we are awful at it as a whole…

being ignorant does not make you right… i know that is a concept that has been removed from this countries mob mentality of interaction…

the stall fest rules allow you to back out of bounds without penalty… you can just back up out of bounds to avoid a takedown instead of actually learning how to wrestle… bringing up a hyperbolic “fleeing the mat” to try and say you cant back out of bounds with no penalty is a little silly…

the easiest mark to let someone know you don’t a thing about greco is using sumo in any part of any conversation about it…

greco par terre is vastly different than the women’s style par terre… that is across the board internationally… everyone who does either/or understands this… the guys who are at the pointy end internationally that wrestle the women’s style all know they are gonna get rolled up in par terre by even mid level greco guys… that is just the way it is…

lastly…

i don’t recall the exact numbers of medalist in the women’s style in tokyo, but, half of those 12 weights are the women… women in the US do not learn how to stall out in college… they wrestle free…

Ben Askren grabbed some NCAA titles and was easily disposed of in the Olympics. If Ben Askren is the best in your sport there’s a problem

askren’s style in the stall fest did not translate to the women’s style very well…

couple that with the total lack of support that real wrestling had in this country at that time and it is easy to see why he quit wrestling to go make money… had he the opportunities that today’s women’s style wrestlers have, i believe he would have been an international medalist…

keegan is his guy and that kid just won Junior worlds…

2 Likes

Par terre lasts about 15 seconds. You aren’t just stalling, you are actively working to not get turned. It is actually very hard to defend against somebody who is decent. If you just laid down and did nothing you probably would get turned. Most people don’t realize the intricacies with defending a gut or leg lace or whatever. Plus even if you avoid getting turned it isn’t going to feel good. My wife once locked up a gut on a former national champion and even though she didn’t turn him, he wasn’t exactly eager to let that happen again.

1 Like

i will say…

this thread made me go back and watch vlasov and sadulaeuv exchanging par terre goes in a practice…

vlasov has won gold medals in men’s wrestling at 74kg, 75kg, and 77kg…

sadulaeuv has won gold medals in the women’s style at 86kg and 97kg…

there was not much “stalling” going on in those goes…

I think Fundora had to go 3 periods with Askren. Also Askren pinned Istvan Vereb from Hungary in the prelims. Fundora lost to Saitiev in the next round in a relatively close match. Askren was by no means a scrub but he wasn’t quite at the world or Olympic medal level yet. The US had had guys with tons of hype who don’t produce anywhere near that hype or potential. Kolat is one. Joe Williams another.

askren beat fundora in cuba after the olympics…

askren was not a chump at all…

1 Like

i was in the middle of something just now and i had rather annoying thought…

ben askren was a 4X NCAA finalist… 2X NCAA champ… 2X Hodge Trophy winner… and an olympian…

a forum nerd really tried to intimate he was no good…

1 Like

Greco is gay

Jake Paul Win GIF by DAZN

yep…

forum nerd gonna forum nerd…

Shut up, homo

No idea why you are such a cock about this. You call folkstyle a stallfest, when stalling is illegal in the sport, yet embraced fully in the style you jockride. You can’t flee the mat: you get warned and dinged a point. You can never stop working or you get warned for stalling immediately.

I’m coaching youth wrestling tonight, wrestled all through my youth, and refereed a 1000 matches. I tend to talk to the wrestlers throughout while reffing (this is youth wrestling, middle and elementary school), and if they are stalling at all, even briefly, I give them an unofficial warning along the lines of “Red, you’ve gotta keep working…” If there isn’t an immediate response they get a warning for stalling. If they do it again they lose a point. I have never had to ding someone more than once in any match I’ve reffed.

I’ve also NEVER coached a kid to splay out in par terre and pray for a standup. It would be considered cowardly and illegal. They force the action to improve position.

If you can stop being such an asshole I propose this: pick 3 of the gold medal championships at the recent greco world’s for 2022. I’ll watch them, and I’ll pick 3 of the same from the NCAAs last year. Then we can compare notes on stalling.

such impressive school yard insults… you definitely fit in around here…

i get it…

you don’t understand international wrestling and it hampers you in this discussion…

it is abundantly clear you do not when you say stuff like…
“i don’t teach kids to splay out in par terre!!!”
“greco is sumo!!!”

as far as comparing “stalling” between men’s wrestling and the stall fest, if you refuse to engage in men’s wrestling you will be cautioned out of the match… if you refuse to engage in the stall fest, after 3 minutes you just go to the second period…

while you are coaching your youth tonight, i will be reffing some practice matches between greco world team members tonight… senior and age level… they are being coached by a world greco champ while another olympic greco champ will be helping out some fighters on the other side of the gym…

i will be happy to post some of the medal matches from serbia as they were outstanding matches pretty much across the board, but, it will be a couple of days before i have the time, so, just keep working that wrist control and those tilts in the interim…