Wrestling question

he wrestled all three styles through HS… he had some typical kid issues during HS that alot go through… got kicked out of the OTC when he was 15… suspended for repping the state nationally… it wasn’t great…

he went to fargo 2 years and came home with 3 stop signs… was a 2 AA in free at fargo and a greco National champ at fargo… 4X state placer… blah blah blah…

chose greco full time and is up at NMU wrestling for bisek now…

my younger son is 17 and 5th in the world at cadets in hungary in 2021… got jobbed a little in the semis (still on him) at trials last year and didn’t make the team… went to fargo for the first time last summer and teched everyone and did not give up one point in greco… which is all he wrestles now… was a state finalist his freshman year at 6s at his walk around and quit after that… blew his knee out while training last year… after 2 months on the couch doing nothing got convinced by his friends to come back and wrestle state to try and win a team title… he ended up 4th straight off the couch while focusing on trying to make 15s 3 days in a row for state…

but he is big enough now he can just focus on greco full time… he trains with joe warren…

Nice work dad! Got some gamers there.

Funny some of my best performances were off the couch. No pressure there.

thanks, but, it is all on them… all i did was give a nudge here and there… not like i could force either of them to do anything past them being about 14 anyway…

Yeah tell me about it lol. I just want them to pick up their stuff for gawd sakes.

my problem is that they both know and i know as well, they would hurt me if they wanted to… and since they have been about 100lbs it has been that way…

i will hand fight with the 17 year old in the garage sometimes just to give him a work out when no one else will do greco with him… it is a humbling experience…

his club coach cant wrestle with him more than one day a week…

none of the kids his age will even practice with him out of season…

he just spent the last 4 days getting mauled by sammy jones because those are the only athletes that can train daily with him… a legitimate grown ass senior level world team member that outweighs him 4kg and is 10 years older…

what is my old beat down ass gonna tell him anymore?

1 Like

nazaryan is 19 years old and was in the finals of senior greco facing a straight up killer in sharshenbekov…

@Son_of_Neckbone more stalling in par terre for you…

datunashvili…

sorry @Son_of_Neckbone I wanted to post his semis match as that was quite possibly the perfect example of greco… par terre… mat tactics… it was beautiful… only on the flo… but any time yoiu get to watch datunashvili it is a pleasure, so, enjoy…

1 Like

Sharshenbeko has one hell of a side lift! Damn.

i am very close to start posting vlasov highlights…

his par terre is fukn mega…

sorry…

i am going down a rabbit hole…

all of those guys should have just stalled out on bottom…
just splayed out…
right?

I think part of the disagreement is that at the high levels you can’t just splay out and there is no stalling. At the early levels you can as guys develop their games. So for a lot of guys their experience Says,” when you get taken down you can just stall! It’s almost a takedown tournament!” Only that’s not the case at all at high levels. That’s a way to get lifted and slammed through the floor.

which is why i took/take exception when someone says that…

it would be no different than someone saying that all folk wrestling is guys in their underwear just humping each other…

the same ignorant things to say about wrestling…

i really am just trying to help some brothers out…

1 Like

my 17 year old just walked by and was like datunashvili!!!

i told him about our little discussion here and how easy par terre is to just stall out…

he laughed…

1 Like

That sounds like it might have been Gogi Kougashvili. He was a multiple time world champion for Russia who had bad luck in the Olympics. He got 5 pointed by Garrett Lowney in 2000.

1 Like

shame this fizzled out as i was quite enjoying it…

but…

if it helped even one person?

Praise Odin!!!

FYI…

we actually had some international entries hit for greco at the farrell tomorrow in NY…

ciobanu will be there at 67kg… 2021 world champ at 60kg…

tynar sharshenbecko (brother of 2022 60kg world champ) will be at 72…

87-97-130 have some decent flavor… Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Georgia, Uzbekistan, Peru…

No it was Gogi Parshegian. I’m old

2 Likes

1 Like

Spencer Lee right now, or Henry Cejudo? Who has the better accolades? I’ll take Spencer 1000/1000 times. Try to argue this. I dare you.

Gold medal trumps ncaas

3 Likes