Wrestling shoes

What's your gyms policy on wearing wrestling shoes? What is your personal opinion? Phone Post 3.0

Don't wear them in the bathroom Phone Post 3.0

We where them when training wrestling. Barefoot when doin Jiu Jitsu although I don't think anyone would care if you wore shoes then either Phone Post 3.0

I think it's funny Jiu Jitsu folks think wrestling shoes are dirty. Go to a wrestling gym and many have policies against bare feet on the mat. Athletes foot and ring worm are the same thing.
I'm not voicing opinion either way. I figure you can get stuff off dirty feet or dirty shoes Phone Post 3.0

Don't wear in jiu jitsu unless you have some sort of a foot injury and you need to protect them. Otherwise it's ridiculous imo Phone Post 3.0

I have to tape up both big toes from tendinitis. I have tried socks but that feels more ridiculous please I have no traction in socks. Phone Post 3.0

I have 2 toes on my left foot that pretty much just flop around. Got to wear the shoes, but who walks around in mat shoes? Probably the same guys who go to the can barefoot, then get back on the mats.

Like to wear them when just training takedowns or when I have a bad toe injury.

I just wore them first time in a no Gi grappling match at the USAWorld Team Grappling Trials, they almost cost me a match.

Won't ever wear them again in competition Phone Post 3.0

ImpactBjj - Like to wear them when just training takedowns or when I have a bad toe injury.

I just wore them first time in a no Gi grappling match at the USAWorld Team Grappling Trials, they almost cost me a match.

Won't ever wear them again in competition Phone Post 3.0
Lol. I've done that too.
Heel hooked at a naga nogi match. He probably would of caught me anyway but the shoes didn't help any. Phone Post 3.0

Just dont complain about getting leg locked if you wear them Phone Post 3.0

SlapUsilly - Just dont complain about getting leg locked if you wear them Phone Post 3.0
...unless you are wearing them for a foot injury, of course Phone Post 3.0

I usually wear sambo shoes.

^Those aren't marina del ray approved

I bought some just to try....i liked em...don't have a problem when people do though. Phone Post 3.0

The cheap asics are good and they have a soft cloth version that makes it smoother when wearing for nogi. Keep them clean! Phone Post 3.0

They're great when you've got injured toes. Tape just never seems to do the job on its own without shoes too Phone Post 3.0

I've always wanted to roll sambo style, but never trained anywhere that I could get away with it. Gi, belt, shorts, and wrestling shoes. 

I used to wear shoes....I prefer it for my hobbit toes. The 1st time I blew my ACL was because my foot got stuck on vinyl covered mats though...so I stopped wearing as my body cant afford yet another surgery. If I trained on tatami surfaced mats only, I'd propbably go back to wearing them though.

Sometimes I like shoes, sometimes I like to be barefoot.  I'm cool with it either way (for myself and others). 

I've broken the same two toes every other week for what seems like the past two months. I wear my wrestling shoes at no gi but I'm kinda embarrassed to wear them in gi.

I'm so damn sick of breaking these toes tho and tape just doesn't cut it. Phone Post 3.0