Wrestling should it be banned from UFC ?

Should the rules be modified to lessen the impact or use of certain aspects of wrestling in the UFC ?

While the current rule set does create an environment where the use of wrestling can lead to championships it also sets the table for boring fights.

Should the UFC be made more fan friendly and create exciting fights by modifying the rules ?

4 Likes

Seriously?...

1 Like

Lol you noob...it's called MMA.

Very few belts in UFC are with pure wrestlers.

You just mad that khabib won.

1 Like

There is this thing called kickboxing, I think you should give it a try.

1 Like

OP how much did you bet on Porier ?

Rule changes involving elbows, up kicks, and soccer kicks, knee on mat etc all favor wrestling as well as removed some of BJJ's weapons. Greatly encourages parts of the wrestling game and makes it less dangerous to rely on.

Not to mention time limits being introduced is a great disadvantage to old school BJJ>

The idea is that some rules could be modified to make the game more spectator friendly.

4 Likes
touch - 

There is this thing called kickboxing, I think you should give it a try.

I was competing in wrestling before the fellow that just kept his championship.

That is why I am so passionate about keeping the UFC exciting, look what happened to wrestling.

Judo did the same, changed rules to be more fan friendly. Rewarded big throws with Ippon.

you are one of the worst posters this board has had

3 Likes

Shut up

1 Like
Winston Wolf - 

Most likely you have me mixed up with another poster.

2 Likes

I like it the way it is. So if poirier put khabib dick in the dirt with a punch should we call for a rule change on striking?

1 Like

Shut up queer

2 Likes
An Old Shoe - 

I like it the way it is. So if poirier put khabib dick in the dirt with a punch should we call for a rule change on striking?

I am not focused on this one fight.

No because lucky punches happen just like lucky takedowns happen.

It is the use of techniques and approaches that would likely be called as stalling by a good wrestling referee.

Watch kickboxing.

3 Likes

Only thing I'd like to see is no more cage wrestling. Effective but not aesthetic. I'd like a much bigger ring or something that prevents wall wrestling but I can't see it happening.

ban a key part of the sport, got it.. tool

1 Like
williepep -
Winston Wolf - 

Most likely you have me mixed up with another poster.

no i remember your name because i liked the screen name but u give the name no justice

Taking away headbutts, knees to downed opponents, padding the floors with mats so slams are less impactful, having cage or ropes to lean on, gloves and hand tape to make boxing more effective, Dana bitching at or even firing/not hiring people for wrestling and not engaging striking more (fitch, Shields, askren, etc.), the UFC literally paying fighters more to be strikers through post fight bonuses, etc. already does enough to negate wrestling.

But wrestlers still dominate because wrestling is by far the most competitive and elite level combat sport. 

Go watch boxing or kickboxing if you can't accept that. 

1 Like
williepep - Should the rules be modified to lessen the impact or use of certain aspects of wrestling in the UFC ?

While the current rule set does create an environment where the use of wrestling can lead to championships it also sets the table for boring fights.

Should the UFC be made more fan friendly and create exciting fights by modifying the rules ?

People analyze willie pep for high level angle cutting, evasion footwork and sidesteps. Without him there is no Cruz.

People analyze Khabib for high level top pressure and mauling. Khabib is the greatest of all time.

1 Like