Wrestling Standout Bo Nickal Set for MMA Debut at Masvidal's IKon FC

Off topic-

Yours is a name I’ve seen for a long time so you remember the old days? I’ve got no way from this forum in the past few years since it got all super right-wing meathead, but what the fuck happened here?

This forum is DEAD.

Did something happen, or did it just slowly dwindle over time?

Message boards are for old people and majority of the guys still around were naturally right leaning. With the current politically divisive environment, many have been radicalized.

Most modern mma fans are interacting with the sport and athletes on social media these days. Reddit gets a decent amount of traffic but that’s because they always have clips of the finishes right after the fights end lol.

Also, a lot of old school fans aren’t following the sport anymore. It was more a fad thing to them. Now that it’s cool and mainstream it doesn’t have the same luster. Like when a band sells out and og fans feel betrayed. The sport is so homogenized these days. A lot of the early appeal was the style vs style aspect. Now everyone mostly fights the same.

2 Likes

That guy he fought was an Uber Driver

2 Likes

David Taylor (USA) and Yazdani (IRI) split Olympics and World Championships respectively.

Taylor older brothered Nickal in the trails so you are correct. It’s likely Nickal would have to wait 3-6 years until he could beat either with ease. Not sure about his chances against the Russian who finished 3rd at the Olympics. Either way I thought his move to MMA was the best option as far as timing goes.

I just hope we don’t see another super elite wrestler fall in love with their hands and get caught. When it comes to this caliber wrestler, I’d almost rather see “boring” dominance over decent stand up that ends up in the Pico/Hendricks category. Stick to what your best at and make every opponent look like an amateur. Just my two sense. I’ll be following intently either way.

3 Likes

As a wrestler I will say the more he develops his hands the better.

he banged bro doe

1 Like

He threw real punches with power. Looks promising.

Lawn mower repairman lol that’s a good one I might have to borrow that line from you

1 Like

Remember when rothwell beat the shit out of that retarded obese kid in that barn show?

Gentle Ben

Lol its wild that Rothwell’s range of competition ranges from that guy… to the Best Fighters in the world

1 Like

Dude think about the range that Travis Fulton has fought

1 Like

Yes. If you believe you are the best…then absolutely you should attempt to take him down.

Me personally…there is not a single situation that could happen where I would resort to the butt-scoot. Would far rather lose trying than to resort to that pathetic action. Then again a sport BJJ guy I am not. I love wrestling, but I have zero interest in sport BJJ, this is a big reason why. The supposed best BJJer on the planet couldn’t handle a good college wrestler in the take down department. Nor did he come anywhere near to submitting him.

You know, I was obviously having a little fun here, but in fairness I should note that that guy would probably fuck me up six ways from Sunday.

Fighter disrespect sucks, and I’m the one guilty of it here. That dude trained, and put life and limb on the line, and signed up to fight an ultra-hyped prospect.

He deserves better than for me to be clowning on his haircut when he put his life on the line to entertain me and test himself.