Wristlock Throw????

Has anyone ever really seen one of these work in a real situation? 

done one.

i think i broke his...he didnt fly in the air like i expected

Wakigatame by Shinya Aoki is not a wristlock.

WRIST CONTROL SEE IM CONTROLLING THE WRIST CONTROLLING THE WRIST... THEN I PULL OUT MY GUN..... MUGGER PROBLEM SOLVED

Here is all the proof you need that they do indeed work:

wrist locks are gay unless you do them from a bjj position.

"Break the wrist and walk away"

• Rex Kwon Do *

Any technique can work if used correctly when the required opening presents itself. There's been so much bashing of traditional martial arts on this forum it's sad. Many techniques may not work in the octagon, under strict rules/restrictions, with a trained fighter,but against the average Joe Shmoe on the street who is clueless about counters/reversals/etc., who doesn't even know what's being thrown at them, plenty of traditional techniques can be very effective... especially if your opponent rushes in and really commits himself to the attack.

There's a highlight clip from the old Rings circuit of a guy named Volk Hahn (sp?) using a standing wrist lock throw in mma. Might have been a work though, as some of those fights were rumoured to have been works.

Joe

LOL @ ostrich...

""but against the average Joe Shmoe on the street who is clueless about counters/reversals/etc., who doesn't even know what's being thrown at them, plenty of traditional techniques can be very effective... especially if your opponent rushes in and really commits himself to the attack.""

Why then spend your whole life perfecting 3000 techniques that only work on guys who can't fight? If your opponent can't fight, you punch him in the head hard and, he falls down... simple... it's when your opponent can fight, that you need to train.

BTW almost impossible to wrist lock any-one holding a fist.

how hard can it be to perform 50 wrist locks in a japenese orphanage?

"BTW almost impossible to wrist lock any-one holding a fist."

False.

Japanese Jiu-jitsu by Mochi Mawari.

"BTW almost impossible to wrist lock any-one holding a fist."

FALSE. You just have to know how to make them release the fist. (I will show this on the instructional I'll have out in mid-2007).

I've done wristlocks in real situations more than once, but it definitely isn't a "high-percentage" move unless they commit to attacking you in certain ways. A straight lunge with a knife is one of the best setups (high percentage against that attack).

Aikido does COOPERATIVE wristlocks. They CAN be trained against resistance though, and are quite effective. MUCH more effective on the ground, but still effective standup.

And there are SOME times when you do NOT want to just punch someone in the head rather than use a technique such as a wristlock throw. (Such as against your drunk friend).

They CAN be trained against resistance though, and are quite effective.

So does this mean you have seen or done one in a competitive situation? I spent a few years doing Hapkido. When we sparred all that time we spent practicing wristlocks and throws went out the window. It ended up looking like TKD with some bad judo throws.

Nothing is imposible, if trained, but caching a jab of a proboxer is kind of doubtfull. I do use the mano de vaca wen someone is pushing into me. my two cents

Karo has done it sucessfully in the cage.

I catch people with wristlocks during BJJ sparring. I think they are resisting - then they tap. It's called "jiu-jitsu."

I have also used wristlocks during fights. The fight always ends.

aren't wrist locks banned in mma?

the point is.... why would you spend years and, years perfecting a technique that only works on people who can't fight, and is extremely dangerous to try to use against some-one who can???

If your opponent can't fight all you need is a jab, cross (and most of the time you only need one) not 27 wristlock variations for every situation that takes years to get right...

what a waste of time..