Wtf? Grizzly Bear beats a Silverback Gorilla?

TexDeuce -
ziggystardust -
TexDeuce -

A large grizzly bears them all. Including lions and tigers.

A polar bear smashes a grizzly. It's bigger, hence better. 

Large grizzlies are bigger then some polar bears. Kodiaks and Polar bears are around the same size. The grizzlies have a meaner disposition and fight more often. 

Kodiak and polar bears are closer in size, so yeah, that fight is harder to call. Grizzlies are smaller and a different subspecies.

I do respect fellow OGer TheBearStare and I understand some bears view subspecies as a social construct. At the end of the day all bears are individuals and all bears are one. May the best bear win. 

1 Like

Gorillas are basically bigger, much stronger, yet much dumber versions of us. Their only chance would be to like grab a rock and get lucky with a skull smash on the first strike.

Beyond that, they would need to be able to strategize and retain some form of combat training and practice to even have a chance. Sure they are big and strong, but just don’t have the mental facility to get the most out of their abilities to be able to overcome the raw instincts of an attacking beast with the tools of a grizzly.

I would take a grizzy, polar, large lion, and even a group of several types of smaller pack hunters over a gorilla.

1 Like

Da Bears

![](upload://dsntn7KAWCoO6Wc5cwiw9zp2YyJ.jpeg)

Elephant beats grizzly no? What about the blue whale?

1 Like
TexDeuce -
ziggystardust -
TexDeuce -

Large grizzlies are bigger then some polar bears. Kodiaks and Polar bears are around the same size. The grizzlies have a meaner disposition and fight more often. 

Polar bear Kodiak hybrids are badass

This poor one isn’t though...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7ebiGE0HOxU

ziggystardust -
TexDeuce -
ziggystardust -
TexDeuce -

Kodiak and polar bears are closer in size, so yeah, that fight is harder to call. Grizzlies are smaller and a different subspecies.

I do respect fellow OGer TheBearStare and I understand some bears view subspecies as a social construct. At the end of the day all bears are individuals and all bears are one. May the best bear win. 

They may all be a big bear family but The Edge gave me the impression Kodiaks are the apex alphas of that family. 

1 Like
Pencil Neck - Gorilla can't even beat a lion, much less a grizzly. Gorillas are the most overrated animal warrior in the world.

Tell Mr. Kong that.

The original Kong was like 15ft tall…they had to give him boosts to take on the king of all monsters.

Tight Butthole -
Pencil Neck - Gorilla can't even beat a lion, much less a grizzly. Gorillas are the most overrated animal warrior in the world.

They are. They don't have the fighting experience of the other animals. Guerrillas don't have to fight to get their food and 99% of their social conflicts are pure postering and yelling. When they do end up fighting each other its to the death, so it almost never happens. 

Sounds like another group, hmmmm?

ABCTT_PaleAndGangly -

Some rich guy hundreds of years ago bought all these exotic animals from around the world just to have them fight to the death. Every single time, the bear was victorious. Every. Time. 

Until they put that bear against Khabib

I wonder if a bear would even attack in the wild? Unless they run most bears won't even attack humans, and were much smaller than gorillas.

Grizzlys really are the kings of Nature 1v1 in the predator realm. 

1 Like

Grizzle bars would hunt gorillas if they were in the same geographic location.

4 Likes

I would think Tigers would give every animal except an elephant a beating. Their ability to use all 4 sets of claws effectively as weapons and their speed gives them an edge. The range of animals they hunt for food should give then a fighting skills edge also. The only flaw in this is animals will many times 'respect' larger opponents as even if they win wounds are usually deadly.

2 Likes

Gorillas can lift 4000lbs?

mark

HULC -

I wonder if a bear would even attack in the wild? Unless they run most bears won't even attack humans, and were much smaller than gorillas.

There is a lot of bad information in this post

1 Like

Brown bears are much bigger than gorillas. There have been brown bears who were 14 ft tall. They can be fucking huge. Since that's the biggest ever we won't count it and let's just say it's 12 ft tall. That's still fucking huge. Think of a basketball rim and then add two feet. Its very big. 

2 Likes

People have seen brown bears kill elk and moose(which are enormous animals) with one swipe. It snaps their back like a twig. They also kill black bears very easily. Black bears aren't exactly tiny animals. Brown bears kill moose like it's nothing. 

2 Likes
TexDeuce -
ziggystardust -
TexDeuce -

griz has larger claws than a polar. but iirc golen eagle's talons r bigger than bear claws.

Looney Ronulan Paultard -
TexDeuce -
ziggystardust -
TexDeuce -

Polar bear Kodiak hybrids are badass

This poor one isn’t though...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7ebiGE0HOxU

looks extremely stressed.