WTF Happened to Fig?

Hey count me in as another Moreno fan and super happy for him and Mexico and improved in all facets of the game but wondering what happened to Fig. He was unable to pull the trigger from the outset. Was it Moreno’s Jan and activity? Also as Rogan said Fig’s winging punches were way off and not set up at all. He had a great inside trip and hunted for his big guillotine but Moreno was aware all the way.

Suprised tho that Brandon took him down clean and also Dig exposed his back and Moreno capitalized.

What happened to Fig?

Moreno happened

8 Likes

looked like an always the hammer never the nail type of thing the last two fights.

Moreno was tough, Moreno was willing to fight him anywhere, Figs didn’t seem to fight well from behind.

1 Like

Fig looked unbeatable for a while there. who Knows. Maybe Moreno just has his number

Horrible weight cuts everytime out can’t help.

Plus no gay pride shorts for the former hairdresser…

8 Likes

Maybe but he stayed in the first fight until the bitter end when Moreno gave him all he could handle. Someone said perhaps Fog was gonna try to play the long game but Moreno just ran thru that open door?

His standup def needs more technique. He’s got the power but doesn’t set it up…

I’ve never seen anyone that happy to lose. Imo he simply didn’t want to fight at that pace with a guy that he couldn’t finish. Looked like he was ready to go home.

5 Likes

Interesting thought

Not every fighter can radically change their strategy for a fight and fight at the same level.

Figs might need to fight with the gas pedal floored, not everyone can be a boring point fighter like Edwards, it’s a different game than brawling.

1 Like

I think he was over confident. He was apparently no where near 100% for the first fight and I think he went out there tonight thinking he’d get a quick finish and prove that he’s the superior fighter.

Lucky for him I’d happily watch the 3rd fight. Some guys drop a rubber match and have a very tough and long road back to getting another title shot.

1 Like

For sure. But do you think that’s what he was trying to do?

It really looked like Moreno worked his ass off for this fight and Fig didn’t.

Possible

He had to be on some serious shit in that Joey fight! Looked unstoppable in that fight and terrible his last two. Moreno might just b a bad matchup for him.

That weight cut became too much.

Reminds me a bit of the Machida era. Machida was still good, just not the lone star of the division we thought he was.

Figgy was clearly sick/compromised. He looked bad at the weigh ins and had to be helped standing. He looked very sick in the face in the fight.

I don’t think anything necessarily happened. It’s just high level MMA. Moreno for a long, long time has been pegged as a guy with big time potential that started young in the UFC, dropped two decisions, and then got lost in the shuffle for a bit until he worked his way back.

He’s still kinda young, only 27.

Styles make fights. He has one that allows him to stand with Figuerido that most others guys don’t have.

1 Like